Prepare for an entry-level position in a chemical plant with this online Chemical Plant Operations course.
What you will learn
- Learn how to operate as an entry-level chemical plant operator
- Understand basic elements of math, physics, and chemistry
- Learn to ensure units and process systems within the plant function properly
- Master necessary safety measures needed for the role
How you will benefit
- Jump-start your career in chemical plant operations
- Develop the vocabulary needed to effectively communicate on the job
- Learn safety and legal regulations that will allow you to be safe while you work
- Explore career advancement opportunities that will allow you to step into a managerial role in the future
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. You're encouraged to print the on-screen course material for your reference.
In the United States, there are thousands of chemical manufacturing facilities, run by chemical plant operators. These operators are highly paid and enjoy a stable work environment, and there is an ongoing need for entry-level personnel. Currently a large portion of the workforce is retiring, creating a critical shortage of technical workers for many years to come.
This course can help you get started. There are very few institutions that provide training for entry-level operators. This Chemical Plant Operations Online Training course is unique and user friendly, designed for people who have minimal knowledge of the industry or math, physics, or chemistry. The necessary science concepts are built into the course modules. Get started in the field by taking the Chemical Plant Operations Online Training course!
- Basic Safety
- Basic Hazard Communication
- Basic Lockout-Tagout
- Math 1000: Basic Math 1
- Math 2000: Basic Math 2
- Math 2500: Basic Math 3
- Applied Physics 1
- Applied Physics 2
- Applied Physics 3
- Heat Exchangers
- Lubrication and Bearings
- Electrical Safety
- Electricity for Operators and Technicians
- Industrial Valves
- Compressed Air
- How to Read Process Drawings
- Basic Process Instrumentation and Control
- Pump Fundamentals
- Centrifugal Pumps: Operation
- Chemistry Fundamentals
- Chemical Reactions
- Chemical Reactors
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.