This online, self-paced course will teach you the theory of typography and how to apply it to web design projects.
For web designers, understanding typography is an important aspect of creating a great User Experience. If you work in the web design field, you need to understand typography and how to apply this technique to your UI/UX projects. This self-paced course is all about typography! You will learn the rules of typography and gain a highly marketable visual communication skill.
What students will learn
- The purpose of typography
- The difference between fonts and typefaces
- The rules of typography and when how professionals break the rules
- About Section 508 compliance considerations
- How to make type flow
- How to build a style guide for your project
How students will benefit
- Expand your toolkit as a web designer
- Transition from a graphic design role to web design
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Learn the basics of working with type and fonts for web design projects.
||Typeface vs. Font
||Rules for Typography
||Types of Typography
||Building an Efficient Style Guide