Take your SQL skills to the next level and learn to write queries with PL/SQL in this online SQL training course.
This self-paced SQL training course is perfect for advancing your current SQL skills. While Oracle uses a standard SQL like other major databases, PL/SQL is specific to Oracle. PL/SQL is a procedural language with variables, conditions, loops, subprograms, stored procedures, and functions. By course completion, you will understand and know how to use PL/SQL’s main features, including declaring, naming, and assigning variables.
What students will learn
- How to write a simple block of PL/SQL code and about subprograms in PL/SQL.
- To create and call procedures and functions.
- To write IF conditions, to use the CASE statement and to handle exceptions in PL/SQL.
- To use implicit and explicit cursors.
- To use triggers for validating data and auditing changes to the database.
How students will benefit
- Gain skills that every developer needs
- Bring your advanced SQL/PL skills to any web development job
- Advance your career as an Oracle developer
- This course must be taken on a PC device. A Mac OS is not compatible.
- Windows 7 or later.
- Oracle Database Express Edition (XE) 12c or 18c - Free edition of Oracle RDBMS.
- Oracle SQL Developer - The client interface for connecting to Oracle. (Software not included)
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Learn to use PL/SQL to write sophisticated queries against an Oracle database.