This self-paced course will teach you the basics of working with color in web design.
Color plays an important role in visual communication, especially when designing websites. For web designers, understanding color theory is a key to creating a color palette for UI/UX projects. This self-paced course will teach you the fundamentals of color theory and how to apply this framework to your web design practice.
What students will learn
- About the traditional color wheel and explore color in Adobe Illustrator
- About relationships between colors and how to create a color "feel"
- Basic color theory principles
- About considerations for print and web
- To create a color palette for your project
How students will benefit
- Master the basics color theory in a completely online environment
- Expand your web design skills to UI/UX
- Perfect your use of color in your design projects
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 7 or later operating systems.
- Mac: OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Learn the rules for working with color in UI design projects.
||Building an Efficient Color Theme
||Color Theory Principles