Build on your foundation of Spanish for healthcare providers by learning medical terminology and phrases from a variety of medical fields as well as Spanish grammar.
Do you feel like you have a pretty good sense of intro Spanish, but are ready to take it to the next level? This course picks up where the first course, Spanish for Medical Professionals, left off. And if you didn't take the first course, no problem! This course is also for healthcare providers who already have a pretty good sense of Spanish, but just need more medical vocabulary to sharpen their skills.
You'll review the basic body parts and organs and also explore vocabulary and phrases related to insurance and expressions for patient assessments, exams, and communicating pain. You'll learn terminology found in tons of specialties, including pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health, OB/GYN, radiology, orthopedics, cardiovascular, oncology, physical and occupational therapies, dermatology, dentistry, and ophthalmology. The course will even talk about terms related to diet and discharge. It's a great Spanish foundation for healthcare workers!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.1 A Quick Refresher
2 The Front Office
3 Nursing on the Hospital Floors
4 More Words for Assessing Patients
5 Pediatric and Geriatric Exams
6 Mental Health
8 Radiology and Orthopedics
9 Cardiology, Pulmonology, and Oncology
10 Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Dietary Services
11 Dentistry, Ophthalmology, and Optometry
12 Pharmacy and the Discharge Office