Master the skills you'll need to pass the Mathematical Reasoning module in the GED® test series.
Master the skills required to pass the Mathematical Reasoning module in the GED® test series. You will start off with a review of math basics and begin building the foundation you will need to solve the types of math problems commonly found on the test. In the process, you will develop hands-on experience with percentages, proportions, statistics, algebra, geometry, and more.
Each lesson will give you a chance to apply your knowledge by practicing with the same kind of questions you may find on the test. By the time you finish this course, you will be much more comfortable with your math skills, and you will know how, when, and why to use each math concept you learn.
Important: Some GED® Testing Centers require proof that you have passed a GED® test preparation course before you can take the official test. Before enrolling in this course, please check with the official GED® Testing Center where you intend to take your tests to make sure this course will meet their requirements. Not all states use the GED® test as their test for high school equivalency diploma.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.1 Getting to Know the Test
2 Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages
3 Aunt Sally and the Rules of Math
4 Algebra Expressions
5 Equations and Inequalities
6 Quadratic Equations
7 Using a Coordinate Grid
8 Plane Figures and Angles
9 Solid Geometry: The Third Dimension
10 Statistics: What Are the Odds?
11 Word Problems
12 Graphs and Testing Tips