Continue to prepare for the CompTIA® Security+ exam as you review the information you need to pass the test and earn this important certification.
The U.S. Department of Labor forecasts that computer security and related computer-support specialties will be among the fastest-growing occupations through 2026. CompTIA's Security+ certificate is widely regarded as the entry-level certificate for this fast-growing field. Getting that certificate requires passing CompTIA's challenging SY0-501 exam.
After completing CompTIA® Security+ Certification Prep 1, this course continues preparation for the CompTIA® Security+ certification and provides key terminology and concepts needed to pass the SY0-501 exam. It's condensed in a format for rapid reading and provides helpful study tools, including games and practice questions to aid your learning. All of the content is geared toward helping you prepare to pass the SY0-501 exam, so you can leave the test center with your Security+ passing score in hand.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
2 Authorization and Access Control
3 Managing and Securing User Accounts
4 Risk Management
6 Public Key Infrastructure
7 Data Security
8 Securing Mobile Devices
9 Virtualization and Cloud Computing
10 Application, Host, and Hardware Security
11 Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, and Data Recovery
12 Preparing for the Security+ Exam