Reinvent math instruction for grades 4-6 by bringing hands-on learning, inexpensive manipulatives, and real-world connections into your classroom.
Reinvent math instruction for grades 4-6 by bringing hands-on learning, inexpensive manipulatives, and real-world connections into your classroom. Whether you're a new teacher or a seasoned pro, this course will help you get your students excited about math! You will turn your students into problem-solving detectives and discover lots of fun and practical ways to extend your students' learning into everyday life.
This course will show you the best ways to walk students through the complexities of elementary school math. This course will give you strategies for teaching complicated vocabulary and problem-solving. You will learn how to use clever geometry manipulatives, handmade fraction bars, math journals, and Family Math nights to excite your students at little or no cost to you. So if you have been looking for a way to jumpstart your math instruction without adding a lot of work, this is the course for you.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
1 Meet Your Math Students
2 Talk the Talk
3 Have a Little Number Sense
4 Multiply the Fun
5 Scale the Divide
6 Halve the Work With Fractions
7 Ready, Set, Solve!
8 Hop a Plane With Geometry
9 Get in Groups
10 Read and Write About Math
11 Test It Out
12 Plan Family Math Night