Getting married is just the first step! Learn how to build a solid foundation for a healthy partnership that will last far beyond "I do."
Meeting the right person is important, but knowing how to stay in love matters even more. In this course, you'll learn how to build a solid foundation for your relationship that will last far beyond "I do."
You will start by reviewing the basic stages every relationship goes through, and you'll learn the importance of balancing your needs as an individual with your needs as a couple. You will gain key strategies for maintaining your relationship and great tips for "tune-ups" that help keep love alive, including a frank discussion of the role of sex in marriage. You'll also develop insights into the problems so many couples encounter in married life. Whether you face disagreements over money, the challenges of relationship triangles, or even unfaithfulness, this course gives you the tools you need to identify these problems and work toward resolution. You will discover how to fight fair and arrive at a compromise, or maybe the possibility that it is time for a relationship to come to an end.
By the end of this course, you'll understand how to nurture your relationship and build a partnership that lasts.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
1 Why Relationships Can Be So Challenging
2 The Seven Stages of a Relationship
3 Maintaining Your Identity
4 Learning to Fight Fair
5 Recognizing Warning Signs
6 Resolving Conflict: Break Up to Make Up
7 Creating a Maintenance Program
8 Understanding the Role of Sex
9 How to Adultery-Proof Your Relationship
10 Dealing With Relationship Triangles
11 Overcoming Money Issues
12 Break Up or Make Up?