|Introduction to InDesign CS6 (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn how to use Adobe InDesign CS6, the industry-standard desktop publishing software program, to design professional-quality letterheads, brochures, eBooks, and more.In this Adobe InDesign CS6 class, you'll get hands-on desktop publishing training and come away knowing how to use this popular page layout software program to design and create professional-quality letterhead, business cards, brochures, PDF files that play movies, and more. You'll discover that you don't have to be a designer or an artist to produce professional-quality documents!
Lesson by lesson, you'll explore the best ways to use the features in this program to create different types of material, how to organize and name your files, and how to reuse items such as colors and artwork. By the time you finish the course, you'll not only be comfortable with the tools and features that InDesign CS6 offers, you'll also know the most efficient ways to use the program to produce the materials you need for your own work, recreation, or hobbies.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe InDesign CS6 (Windows), Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium (Windows), Adobe CS6 Master Collection (Windows), InDesign CS6 (Mac), Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium (Mac), Adobe CS6 Master Collection (Mac), or Adobe CC may also be used (Mac or Windows) (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.1 Making Your Way Around InDesign CS6
2 Setting Up a New Document
3 Organizing Objects on a Layout
4 Setting Up a Multipage Document
5 Adding, Editing, and Threading Text
6 Importing Graphics and Images
7 Drawing and Working With Shapes
8 Managing and Applying Color
9 Designing Tables and Creating Forms
10 Storing Text and Color Information
11 Creating and Distributing a Complex Document
12 Working With Color Separations, Special Layouts, and E-books