Join a registered dietitian and discover how easy it can be to prepare meals that are both delicious and nutritious!
Have you ever wished you had a personal chef preparing luscious, low-fat meals for you? This course is the next best thing! You'll learn how to reduce fat in recipes without sacrificing flavor or texture. Explore how to use flavor profiling to expand your culinary horizons. Learn how to prepare casseroles, crock-pot dishes, vegan dishes, oven-fried foods, meat-based meals, and many other entrees that are both nutritious and delicious!
You will discover tips for grocery shopping, menu planning, food preparation, and quicker cooking. You will have the chance to try out over 50 exciting and easy lowered-fat recipes.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
1 The Functions of Fat
2 'Tis the Seasoning
3 Talking Sauce
4 Using Add-In Ingredients
5 Making Meals with Meat and Poultry
6 Making Meals with Fish and Shellfish
7 Marvelous Meatless Meals
8 Thinking Like a Dietitian in the Kitchen
9 Casseroles, Slow Cooker Cookery, and Oven-Fried Foods
10 Cupboard and Freezer Meals
11 Surviving Summer Cooking
12 Putting It All Together