Discover valuable techniques that show you step-by-step how to research and value stocks.
The Analysis and Valuation of Stocks is a comprehensive course designed to provide you with conventional and advanced techniques in researching and valuing stocks. Starting off with the basics, you will learn how to read financial statements and calculate financial ratios, and then move on to perform industrial comparisons, value stocks, and conduct economic and industrial research.
This course is taught in a manner that uses everyday language, simple, yet insightful analogies, and a just the facts attitude that you will understand and appreciate. By the end of this course, you will have a strong foundation in the analysis and valuation of stocks.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Discover valuable techniques that show you step-by-step how to research and value stocks.
1 Introduction and Welcome
2 Introduction to Annual and Quarterly Reports
3 Financial Statements - Part I
4 Financial Statements - Part II
5 Financial Ratios - Part I
6 Financial Ratios - Part II
7 Case Studies and Industrial Comparisons
8 The Value of a Stock
9 Valuation Techniques
10 Economics and the Outside Environment
11 Researching Resources