This course provides training aligned to the CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certification as a comprehensive foundation for IT professionals It incorporates network and security-focused training to prepare you to expand your information technology skills as an IT professional.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals
- Network+ Guide to Networks
Earning certifications from the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), an internationally recognized vendor of IT-based certifications, can help your career as you can prove your knowledge and skillset to employers, potential employers, coworkers, and even yourself.
This course will help you become better prepared for two CompTIA certifications that are ideal for mid-level professionals. The CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certifications are the most highly recognized, vendor-neutral credentials in the industry. They will assure employers that you have the skills they seek in network and security professionals. *Note: Students enrolling in the course will need to sit for N10-007 by June 2022 due to the exam retirement.
- CompTIA™ Network+ N10-007
- Foundations of Networking and Infrastructure
- Addressing, Protocols, and Routing
- Cabling and Wireless Networking
- Virtualization and the Cloud, Subnets, and VLANs
- Risk Management and Security
- Network Performance and WANs
- CompTIA™ Security+ SY0-601
- Security Foundations
- Security and Protection
- Security and Networks
- Enterprise Security
What you will learn
- Understand and explain a variety of networking concepts
- Implement best practices to manage networks
- Understand the digital threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities to IT systems
- Implement response procedures, risk mitigation techniques, and security features to IT systems
How you will benefit
- Become better prepared for the CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certification exams
- Experience professional growth opportunities to expand network and security experiences
- Gain knowledge and experience to pursue new positions or careers
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff’s expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor’s degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.