Build your problem-solving muscles and learn to deliver remarkable improvement results with this streamlined approach to teaching Lean Six Sigma in a fraction of the time and cost of other providers.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
The Lean Six Sigma Champion course is an open-enrollment self-paced course offered entirely online and designed for Go-Getters who want to build problem-solving muscles and deliver incredible improvement results. It's intensely practical, interactive, and enjoyable, which will help ensure you quickly and effectively develop your process improvement and project management skills using clear language and plenty of fun examples.
For decades, Lean Six Sigma has saved organizations in virtually every industry hundreds of millions of dollars. This course draws on what our Experts practice every day in the real world to provide you with the most effective way to learn and implement Lean Six Sigma.
Upon completion of this course, you will be prepared for the Lean Six Sigma Champion Certification exam. The fee for this exam is included with enrollment.
- Grasp Lean Six Sigma
- Introduction to the Champion Course
- Executive Overview: The Power of Lean Six Sigma
- Stop Being a Boss and Start Being a Leader, featuring Richard Sheridan
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Introduction to Lean
- Transform the Culture
- 4 Components for Building a Lean Culture
- Leaving the Office and Building a Joyous Culture, featuring Gary Peterson
- Why Blame Stalls & 5 Ways Leaders Can Create a Blame-free Environment
- Embrace the Leader's Role
- The Role of the Leader in Transforming a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Disaster Recovery Made Easy with the Toyota Product System, Featuring Liz McCartney
- Make Problems Visible
- Leader Standard Work
- Leader Task Boards
- Process Performance Boards
- Leader Huddle Meetings
- Leader Process Walks
- Duct Tape and Standard Work—The Sexy Tools of Lean, featuring Tom Root
- Support Problem Solvers
- Introduction to DMAIC
- Introduction to PDCA
- Introduction to A3
- A3 Coaching
- The Top 5 Challenges with A3 Coaching
- Avoid the Advice Trap and Become a Better Leader, featuring Michael B. Stanier
- How to Coach Problem Solvers to Build their Soft skills
- Elephant-Powered Improvement for Zoos All Over the World
- How Toyota Coached Leaders to Improve Processes with Learning Journals
- How Leaders Successfully Support Lean Six Sigma Projects
- 5 Ways to Ensure Green Belts Apply their New Skills After Certification
- How IT Spreads Lean Six Sigma to Boost #2-Ranked University, Featuring Mojgan Amini
- Champion Course Conclusion
What you will learn
- Define the role of a Lean Six Sigma leader
- List the components required to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Describe how leaders build blame-free cultures
- Outline how to make process problems and improvements visible
- Describe how to support problem-solvers
- How to produce products and services faster
How you will benefit
- Gain skills in Lean Six Sigma, which will translate to any company regardless of industry, size, sector or country of origin
- Understand how to solve problems more effectively
- Create fewer defects, shorter lead times, and better customer experiences in any organization
- Gain skills that can open new opportunities in your career
Tracy O'Rourke is a Master Black Belt with over 15 years of success helping organizations like the Department of Veterans Affairs, the State of Washington, Cisco, DC Shoes, GE and Motorola learn and apply Lean and Six Sigma. Tracy is an accomplished facilitator, trainer and presenter. She has trained over 1,000 people, mentored 300+ people and has helped complete 300+ projects with results that range between $50,000 and $8 million dollars in savings. Her facilitation expertise runs the gamut, from facilitating leadership retreats with top executives, to facilitating Process Walks, Kaizen Events and project team meetings.
Elisabeth Swan is a Master Black Belt with over 20 years of success helping organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, Burt's Bees, Microsoft and Starwood Hotels & Resorts learn and apply Lean Six Sigma. As an accomplished business process improvement consultant, designer, change leader and executive coach who is an expert in training, process-based organization design, problem-solving and change management for organizations large and small.