Master key digital literacy skills and prepare to pass the IC3 GS5 certification exams.
- This course can be taken on a PC, Chromebook, or Mac.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: Chrome (all devices); Firefox (PCs only); Edge and Internet Explorer are not supported.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. The workbooks for this course are provided in Adobe Acrobat and Word format.
- Gmetrix IC3 Practice Tests – provided upon completion if the voucher included course is taken.
This course covers a broad range of digital literacy skills needed in today's tech-driven society. You will learn key topics based on learning objectives covered on the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification exams. You will also be able to use the "Custom Path" feature to streamline the training process by skipping course lessons and exercises that correspond to skills/concepts passed in the pre-assessment.
This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the IC3 Global Standard 5 (GS5) certifying exams upon eligibility. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.
- Computing Fundamentals
- Key Applications
- Living Online
What you will learn
- Upon completion of PCIC3A-GS5-Computing Fundamentals, you will demonstrate a foundational understanding of computing including computer hardware, software, operating systems, peripherals, and troubleshooting.
- Upon completion of the four PCIC3B-GS5-Key Applications courses, you will demonstrate intermediate-level word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation skills and demonstrate familiarity with the common features of all applications.
- Upon completion of PCIC3C-Living Online, you will demonstrate the skills required for using the Internet to communicate and collaborate in a safe and ethical way.
How you will benefit
- Successful completion of the PCIC3-GS5 courses will prepare you to pass the three IC3 GS5 exams and receive the IC3 certification.
- IC3 preparation and certification provides you with a strong foundation of the computer knowledge and skills required for pursuing higher education and for success in today's workplace.
- IC3 Certification provides students with a global, industry-recognized credential for employment.
David Iseminger is an author and technology veteran, with expertise in computing, networking, wireless and cloud technologies, data and analytics, artificial intelligence, and blockchain. While with Microsoft, David worked on early versions of Windows and its core networking infrastructure, and on transmission protocols, security, data visualizations, and multiple emerging cloud technologies. David is passionate about education, serving as a School Board director for over 10 years, advocating at state and federal levels for increased learning standards, and has taught over 40,000 students through multiple technology courses. He has an awarded patent in Artificial Intelligence (AI) object detection and social posting methodologies, and is the founder and CEO of the blockchain company that created IronWeave, the unlimited scale blockchain platform, based on his patent-pending blockchain innovations and inventions.