This NASM certification course will teach you how to incorporate nutrition coaching and behavior change into your fitness instruction. On course completion, you will become a Certified Nutrition Coach.
What you will learn
- Foundational principles of nutrition science, including metabolism, macronutrients, micronutrients, hydration, alcohol, and nutrient timing
- How culture, age, geographic region, and socioeconomic status influence dietary eating patterns
- To customize a communication and coaching approach to fit your client's profile
- To conduct a comprehensive client assessment and body composition testing
- To explain the mechanisms and science behind trending diets
How you will benefit
- As a NASM Certified Nutrition Coach, you will be able to coach clients in both fitness and nutrition
- Be able to create customized, evidence-based nutrition programs for your fitness clients
- Gain the skills and expertise needed to fill several health and fitness jobs, such as sports nutritionist, weight management consultant, and wellness coach
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Nutrition plays a key role in almost every aspect of the health and fitness industry. Beyond fitness instruction, many clients want to pick up healthy eating patterns and make long term behavior changes. Completing this nutrition course will make you a NASM Certified Nutrition Coach. This industry-recognized certification proves that you understand nutritional science and behavior change strategies and can effectively coach clients.
- Nutritional Science
- Behavior Change Strategies
- Nutrition Coaching
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.