Prepare for the Certified Patient Care Technician Level I exam, an industry-recognized credential for patient care technicians, offered by the American Education Certification Association (AECA).
What you will learn
- Introduction to patient care, legal issues in healthcare, standard precautions and infection control
- Medical terminology, physical examination, patient positioning, bed mobility, range of motion
- Therapeutic exercises, gait, assistive devices, orthosis and prosthesis, transfer techniques
- Wound care and pressure sores, wheelchair management, patient care competency, special topics
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared to work as a patient care technician
- You will be eligible to take the Certified Patient Care Technician Level I certification exam
- You will be prepared to work with physicians/doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Access to webcam for final exam proctoring.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: Works Only on Puffin Browser.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Patient care technicians play an important role in patients' lives. With healthcare demand at an all-time high, you can be the professional providing this vital care. This online patient care course will help you gain the skills needed to work with patients in various healthcare facilities. You will also prepare to become a Certified Patient Care Technician Level I, a valuable professional credential that validates your specialized skill set.
You will also receive a prepaid voucher for the Certified Patient Care Technician Level I Exam. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
- Introduction to Patient Care
- Infection Control & Standard Precaution
- Legal Issues in Healthcare
- Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Physical Assessment & Examination
- Patient Positioning and Bed Mobility Techniques
- Range of Motion
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Assistive Devices
- Orthosis and Prosthesis
- Transfer Techniques
- Wound care and pressure sores
- Wheelchair Management
- Patient Care Competency
- Special Topics
Jacqueline Garcia is a Certified Postsecondary Professional Instructor (CPPI), specializing in patient care education. Beyond actively training future patient care technicians, she develops academic content and curriculum for a number of programs.