Prepare for two industry-recognized CompTIA certifications: ITF+ and A+. This course will teach you how to troubleshoot technical systems issues, including networking, mobile, security, virtualization.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Study Guide: FC0-U61
- CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
To keep up with technology, organizations need IT professionals to maintain their networking systems. As the demand for skilled IT workers continues to grow, earning CompTIA ITF+ and A+ certification is an important step in your information technology career.
This course will prepare you for the CompTIA ITF+ and CompTIA A+ certification exams in a flexible online format. You will gain a deeper understanding of software, hardware, and networking issues and how to troubleshoot them.
- IT Fundamentals Preparation
- IT Foundations
- IT Framework
- IT Programs
- IT Programming
- IT Databases
- IT Security
- A+ Preparation
- Core 1 Introduction
- Hardware Part II
- Mobile and More
- Midterm Exam
- Core 2 Introduction
- Mac and Linux
What you will learn
- Recognize security risks and mitigation strategies
- Interpret scenarios to use network and security controls
- Analyze scenarios to utilize appropriate security assessment tools and procedures
- Identify methods to integrate information technology components into enterprise architecture
- Apply research, interactive, and security activities to achieve security goals
How you will benefit
- Gain skills in five key areas: risk management, security architecture, security operations, security integration, and research and development
- Receive a prepaid voucher that covers the cost of the CASP exam
- Build confidence toward successfully completing the certification exam
- Become recognized by CompTIA, a global leader in certification, training, and career development
- Prove comprehensive cybersecurity knowledge to employers
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.