If you love helping people, becoming a career counselor can be a rewarding career. This online course will teach you about the many aspects of career counseling, from working with clients to establishing a business.
What you will learn
- Understand fundamental goals and identify key stages of career development
- Identify common career challenges and learn to conduct career counseling interviews
- Understand your clients and identify their career goals
- Create and deliver comprehensive career development plans
- Create a quality career coaching service
How you will benefit
- Recognizing challenges and strategies to maintain quality in career counseling
- Add value to your coaching services by providing quality career development plans
- Advance your career by helping others in their career
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Any Word Processing application (not included in enrollment); Required file format for assignments: .doc/.docx or .pdf
- QuickTime. Click here to download QuickTime.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
The average worker switches jobs more than 10 times in their career. With career pathways becoming more varied, good career advice is in demand. Career counselors help others develop their career with smart goals and clear directions. If you love to help others, career coaching can be a great profession.
The Career Counselor course will help you assist others in their career journey. You will learn the stages of career development, the fundamentals of career planning, and how to work with diverse audiences. You will be able to help jobseekers navigate their career change with meaningful results.
- Introduction to Career Planning for Clients
- Understanding the Stages of Career Development
- Identifying Client's Career Goals and Challenges
- Employability and Career Planning
- Working with Diverse Audiences
- Addressing Challenges that Client's Face
- Career Counseling Interviews
- Creating Career Development Plans
- Traps to Avoid in Career Counseling
- Maintaining Quality in Career Coaching Services
Thea Roberts is an instructor with a background in business administration. Previously, she was a finance officer and employment advisor. She also held a position in the Washington State Ombudsman Program. Roberts holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Master of Arts.