If you want to master QuickBooks 2019 for your small business accounting needs, this course is for you. You will master the top financial software tool for small businesses and learn common accounting scenarios, including tracking inventory, pricing, customer estimated and more. QuickBooks 2019 software is included in the course price.
What you will learn
- Perform double-entry bookkeeping and basic bookkeeping equations
- Set up QuickBooks 2019 for optimum use
- Use double-entry bookkeeping to record business transactions in QuickBooks 2019
- Manage periodic bookkeeping tasks
How you will benefit
- Learn how to effectively use QuickBooks 2019 to save an organization time and money
- Practice bookkeeping with confidence by becoming aware of the legal standards that apply to accounting methods
- Become an indispensable part of a small business that needs quality bookkeeping skills
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- QuickBooks 2019 Desktop Pro Software (included in enrollment).
- Microsoft Office or equivalent (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
QuickBooks is the most commonly used financial software tool for small business bookkeeping. If you're a small business owner who wants to take control of your company's finances, this course is for you.
Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks 2019 (Software Include) will teach you how to utilize QuickBooks for everything from handling accounts receivable and accounts payable to accounting for fixed assets. You will learn standard bookkeeping skills, including running general ledger reports, working with the chart of accounts, managing inventory accounts, and more. By course completion, you will have the knowledge and skill set needed to ensure that you are handling your business's accounting needs within legal standards.
QuickBooks 2019 will be provided upon enrollment. Software cost is included in the course price.
- Welcome to QuickBooks
- Working with Company Files
- Securing Your Company Files
- Bookkeeping Defined
- The Journal, the Ledger, and Special Journals
- The Chart of Accounts
- Company Lists
- Bank Accounts and Cash Transactions
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation in QuickBooks
- Accounts Payable I
- Accounts Payable II
- Accounts Receivable I
- Accounts Receivable II
- Accounts Receivable III
- Batch Invoicing
- Introduction to Inventory and Customer Estimates
- List of Items and Inventory in QuickBooks
- Ordering and Selling Inventory in QuickBooks
- Vendor Discounts and Credits & Adjusting Inventory in QuickBooks
- Tracking Price Levels and Customer Discounts in QuickBooks
- Working with Customer Balances
- Closing the Books and Reporting
- Your Career Roadmap
- Communication and Organization
- Portfolio Project
- Final Exam
Wade Lindenberger is a CPA with over 20 years of financial accounting and management experience in public accounting and private industry. He is currently Director of Finance and Administration for New Children's Museum. Before his current position, he worked as the National Finance and Accounting Service Line Leader for Premier Alliance Group, a national professional services firm. Wade was also Director of the Finance and Accounting service line for the San Diego office of a global, publicly held professional services firm. Before becoming a consultant, Wade was Divisional Controller for one of the leading health and fitness club chains in the world. He has also been Internal Audit Manager and Divisional Controller for a division of a Fortune 500 global energy project management company. He began his career with Coopers & Lybrand, predecessor to PricewaterhouseCoopers, one of the "Big Four" CPA firms. He has previously served as an instructor for courses at Coopers & Lybrand and at the University of California at San Diego for the Extension Course and is currently an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego School of Business. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Bookkeepers' Advisory Board.
Helene K. Liatsos is business advisor and QuickBooks Certified Advisor with more than 25 years of experience. She consults for a range of companies, from travel agencies to startups. Her company Home Office Management Experts was awarded the 2004 Home-Based Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Helene holds a Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University.