For many families, household managers play a vital role running the home and supervising other household staff. Household managers offer their clients a varied skillset and ensure that all aspects of the home - from housekeeping to security and even budgets - run smoothly. Those working in private service who want to position themselves for advancement would benefit from household manager training.
What you will learn
- The role of a Household Manager
- Administrative & Technical Skills
- HR in the Home Office and Staff Management
- Event Planning from A-Z
- Vendor Management
- Home Systems and Property Management
- Housekeeping Maintenance
- How to create a Security & Emergency Plan
How you will benefit
- Obtain a certificate of training
- Improve necessary skills to work as a household manager
- Gain new employment opportunities and higher potential earnings by improving your skillset
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online:
- "The Professional Training Guide" by Marta Perrone
This course is designed to train for the role of household manager. You will learn the necessary administrative skills and HR procedures needed to manage an entire staff and run a home.
This course covers subjects from selecting property vendors, planning and managing events, interviewing staff to home systems and how to manage these operations. You will also learn about housekeeping, what is needed to ensure the home is perfectly maintained, and how to set up security and emergency procedures to protect the family and home.
- Nature and Scope of Household Management
- Household Management Skills & Experience
- Administrative Skills
- Technical Skills
- Staff Management
- Hiring Household Staff
- HR Duties for the Family Office
- Managing Household Staff
- Housekeeping Management
- Household Maintenance
- Cleaning Products & Tools
- Event Management
- Event Planning
- Property Management
- Home Systems & Appliances
- Property Maintenance Schedules
- Vendor Management
- Vendor Selection & Bids
- Negotiating Contracts
- Security Management
- Household Security & Emergency Procedures
Marta Perrone is a graduate of UCLA with a B.A. in Spanish and Linguistics and has over 30 years of experience in the Private Service Industry. She owned and managed a domestic placement agency for 20 of those years while spending the last 10 conducting training seminars, creating training materials and providing personalized in-home manuals and training.
Marta Perrone es una graduada de UCLA con un Bachillerato en Artes en Español y Lingüística y tiene más de 30 años de experiencia en la Industria de Servicios Privados. Ella fue propietaria y administradora de una agencia de colocación doméstica durante 20 de esos años mientras pasaba los últimos 10 conduciendo seminarios de capacitación, creando materiales de capacitación y proporcionando manuales y capacitación personalizados en el hogar.
Christina Levine is a licensed attorney and risk advisor for small businesses and household employers. She received her J.D. from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. Her firm, CPL Crisis Management, serves as an advisory team for clients by coordinating their workplace interests.