This course will teach you about both the 2D and 3D functionality of AutoCAD 2018. You will also learn all the necessary tools to prepare for the Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 Certified User Exam.
What you will learn
- 3D viewing techniques
- Working with simple and composite solids
- Working with the User Coordinate System
- Creating complex solids and surfaces
- Modify and convert objects in 3D space
- Creating sections, camera perspectives, and animations
How you will benefit
- You'll stand out among candidates to employers and recruiters who require proficiency with AutoCAD software
- You'll be able to confidently use a leading drafting software, elevating your skills and career to the next level
- Taking this course provides the key skills to efficiently and effectively work with the 2D and 3D tools available in AutoCAD 2018
- After course completion, passing the Autodesk certification exam provides potential employers with additional validation of your skills
- This course can only be taken on a PC.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- AutoCAD 2018 (not included in enrollment)
- .NET Framework Version 4.6.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Your career is anything but flat. As you develop your design skills, you'll open new doors in architecture, interior design, engineering, and a number of other design-related fields where your creativity will set you apart. The AutoCAD with AutoCAD 3D 2018 course is perfect for laying a strong drafting foundation and taking your expertise to the next level. This course provides you access to both a 2D and 3D training. You will also learn the AutoCAD functionality that's required for the Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 Certified User exam. Starting with the AutoCAD 2018 training course, you'll master the basic tools for creating and editing a simple drawing, and then you'll learn how to use more advanced tools to craft and present your ideas in 3D.
This course provides a thorough grounding in the latest fundamentals of 3D drafting and explores the advanced 3D modeling workspace. Once you master the basic 2D skills, you'll move on to explore more advanced efficiency tools and complex objects. You'll also start using external reference and image files, collaboration tools, publishing, and enhancing productivity with simple customization.
You'll gain valuable experience with hands-on exercises with the latest AutoCAD software as well as downloaded files to learn and practice your new skills. All examples and exercises are taken from the many professional fields in which AutoCAD is used. This course includes a voucher to take the certifying exam. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.
- AutoCAD 2018
- Getting Started With AutoCAD
- Basic Drawing and Editing Commands
- Projects: Creating a Simple Drawing
- Drawing Precision in AutoCAD
- Making Changes in Your Drawing
- Projects: Making Your Drawings More Precise
- Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
- Advanced Object Types
- Analyzing Model and Object Properties
- Projects: Drawing Organization and Information
- Advanced Editing Commands
- Inserting Blocks
- Projects: Creating More Complex Objects
- Setting Up a Layout
- Printing Your Drawing
- Projects: Preparing to Print
- Adding Dimensions
- Projects: Annotating Your Drawing
- Working Effectively With AutoCAD
- Accurate Positioning
- Projects: Productivity Tools
- Parametric Drawing
- Working with Blocks
- Projects: Creating and Organizing Blocks
- Creating Templates
- Advanced Layouts
- Annotation Styles
- Projects: Drawing Setup and Utilities
- External References
- Projects: Drawing
- Miscellaneous Optional Topics
- Midterm Exam
- Advanced Text Objects
- Working With Tables
- Projects: Advanced Annotation
- Dynamic Blocks
- Projects: Advanced Blocks and Attributes
- Output and Publishing
- Other Tools for Collaboration
- Cloud Collaboration and 2D Automation
- Introduction to Sheet Sets
- Publishing and Customizing Sheet Sets
- Projects: Sheet Sets
- Managing Layers
- CAD Standards
- System Setup
- Introduction to Customization
- Customizing the User Interface
- Macros and Custom Routines
- AutoCAD 3D 2018
- 3D Foundations
- Simple Solid
- Working with the User Coordinate System
- Creating Solids & Surfaces from 2D Objects
- Modifying in 3D Space
- Advanced Solid Editing
- Additional Editing Tools
- Refining the View
- Point Clouds
- Working Drawings from 3D Models
- Final Exam
Jennifer MacMillan has been teaching CAD for 22 years and is an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI). She currently manages a team of curriculum developers that design and develop curriculum for the Autodesk line of engineering software products. As a subject matter expert herself, MacMillan focuses her development efforts working specifically with the manufacturing software products. She holds a mechanical engineering degree from Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Michelle Rasmussen is a specialist in the civil engineering industry. Michelle has worked with and created training curriculum for AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D since 2007. Additionally, Michelle is the first Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI) and Evaluator (ACE) worldwide for Civil 3D. Michelle has also held roles on the Autodesk Authorized Training Center Advisory Board and Leadership Council, where she served as Chair and Vice Chair.
Renu Muthoo is a computer engineering graduate from Bangalore University, India. She has worked with Autodesk products for the past 18 years, focusing mainly on AutoCAD and Autodesk's design visualization software products such as 3ds Max, VRED, and Showcase. Using her engineering background and expertise in Autodesk products, she has co-authored a number of books. She currently works as a curriculum developer and subject matter expert for Autodesk products.