This course will teach you the basic and advanced 2D functionality of AutoCAD 2018. You will also learn the necessary tools to prepare for the Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 Certified User Exam.
What you will learn
- To use basic creation, editing, and viewing techniques to create 2D drawings
- To organize drawings with layers, styles, and templates.
- Reference blocks and other external files.
- To setup AutoCAD drawings for print.
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared to use the AutoCAD software effectively and sit for the Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 Certified User and Certified Professional exams
- Taking this course provides the key skills to efficiently and effectively work with the 2D tools available in AutoCAD 2018
- This course uses Autodesk authorized curriculum, providing the skills needed to prepare for the Autodesk Certified User exam
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- A CD / DVD drive if you plan to install AutoCAD by disc.
- 8GB of RAM is recommended.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- AutoCAD 2018 (not included in enrollment)
- .NET Framework Version 4.6.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Whether you're already working in a design-related industry or building your career from the ground up, AutoCAD courses will provide you with a working knowledge of computer-aided drafting software. AutoCAD 2018 is the latest version of this software, and it's used by everyone from architects and interior designers to surveyors and engineers. This AutoCAD 2018 Certified User course will teach you basic and more advanced design skills as you gain hands-on practice using the 2D tools in AutoCAD 2018 to create site and building layouts. Once you successfully complete the course, you'll be prepared to take the Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 Certified User exam. This course includes a voucher which covers the fee of the exam.
This AutoCAD training course is certified by Autodesk, the creator of this game-changing software, so you can be confident that the coursework is accurate and effective. The curriculum is comprehensive and engaging, with exercises that incorporate real-world examples you're likely to face in a new career. During the course, you'll learn all the skills you need to prepare for the Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 Certified User and Professional exams. Additionally, this course can be paired with training in AutoCAD 3D to give you more versatility and help you stand out among other job candidates.
During this online AutoCAD course, you'll learn how to create and edit original 2D drawings using the software. After you've mastered the program's basic tools, you'll explore its advanced tools for collaborating, customizing, and setting up macros and custom routines. The course includes a mid-course exam to help you progress efficiently and identify areas where you might need additional practice.
- Getting Started With AutoCAD
- Basic Drawing and Editing Commands
- Projects: Creating a Simple Drawing
- Drawing Precision in AutoCAD
- Making Changes in Your Drawing
- Projects: Making Your Drawings More Precise
- Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
- Advanced Object Types
- Analyzing Model and Object Properties
- Projects: Drawing Organization and Information
- Advanced Editing Commands
- Inserting Blocks
- Projects: Creating More Complex Objects
- Setting Up a Layout
- Printing Your Drawing
- Projects: Preparing to Print
- Adding Dimensions
- Projects: Annotating Your Drawing
- Working Effectively With AutoCAD
- Accurate Positioning
- Projects: Productivity Tools
- Parametric Drawing
- Working with Blocks
- Projects: Creating and Organizing Blocks
- Creating Templates
- Advanced Layouts
- Annotation Styles
- Projects: Drawing Setup and Utilities
- External References
- Projects: Drawing
- Miscellaneous Optional Topics
- Midterm Exam
- Advanced Text Objects
- Working With Tables
- Projects: Advanced Annotation
- Dynamic Blocks
- Projects: Advanced Blocks and Attributes
- Output and Publishing
- Other Tools for Collaboration
- Cloud Collaboration and 2D Automation
- Introduction to Sheet Sets
- Publishing and Customizing Sheet Sets
- Projects: Sheet Sets
- Managing Layers
- CAD Standards
- System Setup
- Introduction to Customization
- Customizing the User Interface
- Macros and Custom Routines
Jennifer MacMillan has been teaching CAD for 22 years and is an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI). She currently manages a team of curriculum developers that design and develop curriculum for the Autodesk line of engineering software products. As a subject matter expert herself, MacMillan focuses her development efforts working specifically with the manufacturing software products. She holds a mechanical engineering degree from Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Michelle Rasmussen is a specialist in the civil engineering industry. Michelle has worked with and created training curriculum for AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D since 2007. Additionally, Michelle is the first Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI) and Evaluator (ACE) worldwide for Civil 3D. Michelle has also held roles on the Autodesk Authorized Training Center Advisory Board and Leadership Council, where she served as Chair and Vice Chair.
Renu Muthoo is a computer engineering graduate from Bangalore University, India. She has worked with Autodesk products for the past 18 years, focusing mainly on AutoCAD and Autodesk's design visualization software products such as 3ds Max, VRED, and Showcase. Using her engineering background and expertise in Autodesk products, she has co-authored a number of books. She currently works as a curriculum developer and subject matter expert for Autodesk products.