Prepare for the CQIA exam from the convenience of your home or office. Identify knowledge gaps and target your studies from test results. Review and reinforce your learning as part of your exam preparation.
What you will learn
- The history of Quality management
- How Quality benefits people and organizations
- The tools that can help solve problems and improve processes
How you will benefit
- Introdutroduction to quality concepts
- Preparation for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Improvement Associate certification exam
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
- Digital copy: Certified Quality Improvement Associate Handbook
Defining quality can be a challenge because it means different things to different people. It could mean meeting or exceeding the needs of customers or it could mean products being free from defects. Perhaps it's the excellent customer service you receive from an organization or the efficient processes used to provide a product or service.
This course introduces quality concepts to help you understand what quality means and how it is used every day gathered from a variety of industries. It will help prepare you for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Improvement Associate certification exam. The course outline follows the Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) body of knowledge (BoK) and explores the history and evolution of quality, quality tools, working with teams, assessing customer-supplier relationships, and more.
This course includes a voucher, which is prepaid access to sit for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Improvement Associate certification exam upon eligibility and course completion.
- Introduction: A Jumpstart into Quality
- Quality Concepts
- Terms, concepts, and principles
- Benefits of quality
- Quality philosophies
- Team Basics
- Team organization
- Roles and responsibilities
- Team formation and group dynamics
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Continuous improvement
- Process improvement
- Quality improvement tools
- Customer-Supplier Relations
- Internal and external customers and suppliers
- Customer satisfaction
- Supplier management
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.