The Six Sigma Yellow Belt course helps you gain a detailed understanding of the role, responsibilities, and knowledge required of a Six Sigma Yellow Belt and prepares you to take ASQ's Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification exam.
What you will learn
- Communicate using Six Sigma terminology
- Relate key Six Sigma concepts to overall business objectives
- Explain a wide variety of quality, decision-making, project management, and communication tools you can use to help solve problems and improve processes during the Six Sigma DMAIC process
How you will benefit
- Learn Six Sigma roles, responsibilities, quality tools and metrics
- Prepare for the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification exam
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
- Digital copy: Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt Handbook
This course follows the Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt body of knowledge (BoK) and explores the fundamentals of Six Sigma?including information on process improvement project roles and responsibilities, team basics, quality tools, and Six Sigma metrics. The course then moves into a series of detailed, Yellow Belt-focused topics aligned with the five phases of the Six Sigma DMAIC process (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control).
This course will also help you prepare for the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification exam. It confirms your understanding of the items in the Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt body of knowledge using industry-specific examples, interactive activities, knowledge checks, and tests built with exam-style, multiple-choice questions. This course offers includes a voucher which is prepaid access to sit for Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification exam upon eligibility and course completion.
- Six Sigma Fundamentals
- Six Sigma foundations and principles
- Lean foundations and principles
- Six Sigma roles and responsibilities
- Team basics
- Quality tools and Six Sigma metrics
- Define Phase
- Project identification
- Project management (PM) basics
- Measure Phase
- Basic statistics
- Data collection
- Measurement system analysis (MSA)
- Analyze Phase
- Process analysis tools
- Root cause analysis
- Data analysis
- Correlation and regression
- Hypothesis testing
- Improve and Control Phases
- Improvement techniques
- Control tools and documentation
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.