This online Adobe Certified Associate course will teach you how to use Adobe software and prepare you for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exams.
What you will learn
- Learn about typography and formatting text
- Create and optimize images
- Configure and create web technologies
- Get comfortable with the CC user interface in all five programs
- Work with drawing tools
- Prepare files for output
- Learn about styles and templates
- Learn skills to work with team projects
How you will benefit
- Launch your career as a graphic or web designer
- Prepare yourself for five corresponding Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exams
- Master Adobe's Creative suite, which offers some of the most widely used programs for graphic designers
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Dreamweaver (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Photoshop (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Animate (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Illustrator (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe InDesign (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software is not included in the cost of tuition. All software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There is a strong demand for Adobe Creative Suite skills. In the Adobe Certified Associate course, you will learn five of the most often-used Adobe programs: Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Animate (formerly Flash). You will read short readings, complete exercises and watch video demos and reviews of exercises, take quizzes and exams, and complete a project.
By focusing on these five programs, you will learn how to put all the parts and pieces together to develop the Adobe Creative Suite skills needed to be professionals in the design field. This course includes a voucher to take the certifying exams. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.
- Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver Creative Cloud (CC)
- A Quick Overview of Web Development
- Getting Started with Dreamweaver
- Creating HTML Pages
- Styling Content
- Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver Final Exam
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud (CC)
- Exploring the Photoshop Workspace
- Image Size and Resolution
- Selection Tools
- Color Correction
- Advanced Layer Techniques
- Working with Type and Vector Shapes
- Designing for Web
- Preparing Final Art
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Final Exam
- Adobe Animate Creative Cloud (CC)
- Getting Started
- Working with Drawing Tools
- Graphic Symbols and the Library
- Basic Animation
- Advanced Animation
- Button Symbols
- Movie Clip Symbols
- Publishing Animate Documents
- Introduction to Adobe Animate Final Exam
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud (CC)
- Getting to Know the Illustrator Environment
- Getting Started
- Organize a Project
- Creating Advanced Illustrations
- Advanced Management of Shapes
- Working with Type
- Manage Project Components
- Sharing Your Project
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator Final Exam
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud (CC)
- Getting to Know the Environment
- Creating a Project
- Working with Graphics
- Working with Text
- Master Pages
- Working with Templates
- Advanced Techniques
- Printing and Proofing a Project
- Design Principles
- Designing for Web
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign Final Exam
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.