Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is an online high-level awareness course that will teach you the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma process improvement.
What you will learn
- Learn how to define what Lean Six Sigma is, where it came from and why organizations benefit from it
- Be able to list and describe the Lean Six Sigma Roles
- Be able to list and define each of the 8 Wastes
- Learn how to summarize the Lean Six Sigma improvement method known as DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)
- Be able to describe the main tools and techniques used in each of the five phases of DMAIC
How you will benefit
- Prepare for the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification exam
- Jump-start your career in healthcare, technology, government, retail, finance, or the hospitality industry
- Understand how Lean Six Sigma can transform your workplace or home for the better
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Microsoft Office Suite or Google Docs/Sheets/Slides/Forms & Apache OpenOffice (not included in enrollment)
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yellow Belt Training is a great way for you, your team or your entire organization to learn the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma. This Lean Six Sigma training is a high level overview that quickly and effectively builds awareness and covers the Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools.
In the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course, you will learn about the origins of Lean Six Sigma and why organizations benefit from it, the Lean Six Sigma roles, each of the 8 wastes, the improvement method known as DMAIC, and the main tools and techniques used in each of the five phases of DMAIC. You'll see the world with new eyes and understand how Lean Six Sigma can transform your workplace or home. Finally, you will be prepared for the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification exam after successful completion and financial obligation. The exam cost is included in your enrollment.
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- What is Lean Six Sigma?
- Where did it originate?
- Why is it so effective and popular?
- Lean Six Sigma Roles
- Yellow Belt
- Green Belt
- Black Belt
- Master Black Belt
- The 8 Wastes
- Non-Utilized Employees
- Extra Processing
- DMAIC Overview
- Define Phase – How to define the problem.
- Measure Phase – How to measure the current process.
- Analyze Phase – How to identify the cause of the problem.
- Improve Phase – How to implement and verify the solution.
- Control Phase – How to maintain the solution
Tracy O'Rourke is a Master Black Belt with over 20 years of success helping organizations like the Department of Veterans Affairs, the State of Washington, Cisco, DC Shoes, GE, and Motorola learn and apply Lean and Six Sigma. Tracy is an accomplished facilitator, trainer, and presenter. She has a BA in English Literature from San Francisco State University and an MBA with emphasis in Leadership and Managing Organizational Change from Graziadio School of Business at Pepperdine University.
Elisabeth Swan is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt with over 20 years of experience consulting for organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, Burt's Bees, Microsoft, and Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. Swan is an accomplished consultant, designer, and executive coach with expertise in training, process-based organization design, problem-solving, and change management. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from Barnard College.