Prepare for Six Sigma Green Belt certification by mastering the contents of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Six Sigma Green Belt body of knowledge. Exam cost included.
What you will learn
- Why organizations implement Six Sigma and the relationship between lean concepts and Six Sigma
- How to apply Six Sigma in product and process design and apply the voice of the customer (VOC) to the voice of the process (VOP)
- How to incorporate high-performing team concepts
- How to apply process control as a replacement for appraisal/inspection
- How to use statistical distributions and apply design of experiments (DOE)
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam
- You will be prepared for careers such as Process Improvement Analyst, Six Sigma Green Belt Consultant, Quality Control/Quality Assurance Supervisor, Quality Technician, and more
- Upon completion, you will have access to the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Question Bank and the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Associate Membership
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- The Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Handbook
- An Introduction to Six Sigma and Process Improvement
Qualifications and Requirements for CSSGB Certification:
In order to sit for the CSSGB Certification Exam through ASQ, candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Six Sigma Green Belts are employees who spend some of their time on process improvement teams.
- They analyze and solve quality problems, and are involved with Six Sigma, lean or other quality improvement projects.
- Candidates must have three years of on-the-job experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge.
- Candidates must have worked in a full-time, paid role.
- Paid intern, co-op or any other course work cannot be applied toward the work experience requirement.
For more information regarding the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge, click here.
Education waivers are not granted.
Once you successfully complete the ed2go Green Belt training and meet the requirements to sit for the ASQ SSGB Certification, you can apply via ASQ/Ed2go PDF Certification application.
For additional information regarding the CSSGB Certification, please refer to the ASQ website.
Do you want to improve your business credentials or enter a new career as a quality specialist? The Six Sigma methodology is a data-driven approach to removing defects and improving processes in any business. Wherever you are on your career path, earning your Six Sigma Green Belt certification will allow you to stay a step ahead. This Six Sigma training course will teach you process improvement from start to finish and prepare you for the Six Sigma Green Belt certification offered through the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
Six Sigma Green Belts are employees who spend some of their time on process improvement teams. They analyze and solve quality problems, and are involved with quality improvement projects. Comprehensive Six Sigma courses are designed for individuals who want to deliver meaningful results and lasting impacts in the areas of quality, cost containment, revenue enhancement, and customer satisfaction.
This course teaches the framework of the ASQ Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge and how to apply key process improvement methods and concepts in various settings, including manufacturing, service, and not-for-profit organizations. It allows you to test and apply the framework through quizzes, engaging exercises, fun games, and case studies. This unique course design provides on-the-job readiness to analyze quality problems and be involved in continuous improvement projects in the real world. It's one of the best online courses for Six Sigma certification prep. The fee for the Certified Six Sigma Green Belt certification exam is included in the course.
- Six sigma and organizational goals
- Value of six sigma
- Organizational goals and six sigma projects
- Organizational drivers and metrics
- Lean principles in the organization
- Lean concepts
- Value-streaming mapping
- Design for six sigma (DFSS) methodologies
- Road maps for DFSS
- Basic failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Design FMEA and process FMEA
- Voice of the customer (VOC), Project identification, Project management basics
- Customer identification
- Customer data
- Customer requirements
- Project selection
- Process elements
- Process inputs and outputs
- Owners and stakeholders
- Project charter
- Project scope
- Project metrics
- Project planning tools
- Project documentation
- Project risk analysis
- Project closure
- Management and planning tools, Business results for projects
- Process performance
- Team dynamics and performance
- Team stages and dynamics
- Team roles and responsibilities
- Team tools
- Team Communication
- Process analysis and documentation, Probability and statistics
- Basic probability concepts
- Central limit theorem
- Statistical distributions
- Collecting and summarizing data
- Types of data and measurement scales
- Sampling and data collection methods
- Descriptive statistics
- Graphical methods
- Measurement system analysis (MSA)
- Process and performance capability
- Process performance vs. process specifications
- Process capability studies
- Process capability (Cp, Cpk) and process performance (Pp, Ppk) indices
- Short-term vs. long-term capability and sigma shift
- Exploratory data analysis
- Multi-vari studies
- Correlation and linear regression
- Hypothesis testing
- Tests for means, variances, and proportions
- Design of experiments (DOE)
- Basic terms
- DOE graphs and plots
- Root cause analysis, Lean Tools
- Waste elimination
- Cycle-time reduction
- Kaizen and kaizen blitz
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- SPC Basics
- Rational subgrouping
- Control charts
- Control plan, Lean tools for process control
- Total productive maintenance (TPM)
- Visual factory
Tony Swaim has helped many clients, colleagues, and students reach their professional and personal goals. He has been an online instructor since 1998 and has taught at colleges and universities across the United States since 1981. His focus areas are project management, Six Sigma, and supply chain management. Tony manages a successful consulting firm, and his industry experience includes 20 years of supply chain management. He earned a Doctorate in Business Administration from Kennesaw State University and holds professional certifications in six disciplines, including the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)® from the American Society for Quality (ASQ)®.