This course teaches the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM) and project management, while incorporating ITIL, SIAM, and DevOps framework, concepts and processes. You will also be prepared to pass the globally recognized ITIL Foundation, SIAM Foundation, and DevOps Foundation certification exams.
What you will learn
- Learn about DevOps, ITIL 4, and SIAM
- Acquire concepts and practices — including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Service integration and management, including its history, business drivers, roles, challenges and the processes that support SIAM models
- Discover how the IT industry is evolving
How you will benefit
- Understand how IT skills can benefit your organization
- Prepare for the ITIL, SIAM and DevOps Foundation exams
- Develop the skills needed to act as a leader in the IT industry
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- A monitor with a decent resolution.
- Headphones or speakers.
- A webcam with a resolution of at least 640×480.
- A microphone connected to your computer.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Authority to install software on your computer.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
This online course combines the best practices across ITSM, to help those new to IT learn about DevOps, ITIL and SIAM, with their benefits for organizations. With this IT Foundations bundle, you will learn the basics of IT service management and project management, as well as how approaches to IT are evolving. You will be prepared to pass the ITIL Foundation, SIAM Foundation, and DevOps Foundation certification exams, including videos, PDF study guides, quizzes, and a practice exam.
This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the ITIL, SIAM and DevOps Foundation exams upon eligibility.
- ITIL 4 Foundation
- Key Concepts of Service Management
- The Guiding Principles of ITIL
- Service Management and Value
- ITIL Practices Introduction
- ITIL Practices Deep Dive
- Course Recap and Exam Preparation
- DevOps Foundation
- Course Introduction
- Introducing DevOps
- CALMS: Culture
- CALMS: Automation
- CALMS: Lean
- CALMS: Measurement
- CALMS: Sharing
- Common DevOps Roles
- Product vs. Project
- The Three Ways of DevOps, Methods and Approaches
- DevOps Practices
- Summary and Exam Preparation
- SIAM Foundation
- Introduction to SIAM
- Purpose and value
- The SIAM ecosystem
- SIAM structures
- SIAM roadmap part 1
- SIAM roadmap part 2
- SIAM roadmap part 3
- SIAM roadmap part 4
- SIAM roles and responsibilities part 1
- SIAM roles and responsibilities part 2
- SIAM roles and responsibilities part 3
- SIAM practices part 1
- SIAM practices part 2
- Processes part 1
- Processes part 2
- Challenges and risks part 1
- Challenges and risks part 2
- Challenges and risks part 3
- SIAM and other practices part 1
- SIAM and other practices part 2
- Exam preparation
Claire Agutter is passionate about all things IT service management and brings this to her role as an instructor. Using her background as an IT service management practitioner and consultant, Agutter manages a number of courses to ensure they directly support career goals.