Learn the process improvement method of Lean Six Sigma by teaching you how to deliver measurable, sustainable, streamlined improvements and finding the root causes of problems. This Green Belt training will also prepare you for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam.
What you will learn
- Learn what Lean Six Sigma is, its origins, and its benefits
- Understand the Lean Six Sigma roles and 8 Wastes
- Master the Lean Six Sigma Improvement method known as DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)
- Learn how to collect data and track the success of projects
How you will benefit
- Be able to streamline projects from start to finish by using Lean Six Sigma
- Help potential employers by identifying problems in processes and offering sustainable solutions
- Become fully prepared to take the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification exam
- Create added efficiency in any workplace, which is enticing to prospective employers and clients
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Office Suite or Google Docs/Sheets/Slides/Forms & Apache OpenOffice (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
This course will teach you Lean Six Sigma process improvement projects from start to finish. Green Belts can deliver measurable, sustainable improvement by finding the root causes of problems and streamlining processes. The course was developed to meet today's changing business environments and is facilitated by highly experienced and successful Lean Six Sigma Experts. It draws on what the experts practice every day in the field to provide you with the most effective way to learn and implement Lean Six Sigma.
Upon completion of this course and required project, you will be prepared for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam. The registration fee for this exam is included with the course.
- Introduction to Green Belt Training
- Overview of Lean Six Sigma
- The 8 Wastes (DOWNTIME)
- Lean Six Sigma Roles
- Project Selection
- DMAIC Overview
- Define Phase – How to define the problem
- Create The Project Charter (Tool)
- Understand The Current State
- Develop Project Communication
- Measure Phase – How to measure the current process
- Select Measures
- Plan For Data Collection
- Collect Baseline Data
- Analyze Phase – How to identify the cause of the problem
- Conduct Process Analysis
- Conduct Data Analysis
- Brainstorm Root Causes
- Develop Root Cause Hypothesis
- Validate Root Cause Hypothesis
- Improve Phase – How to implement and verify the solution
- Craft Solutions
- Filter Solutions
- Determine Solution Approach
- Conduct Risk Management
- Control Phase – How to maintain the solution
- Create Monitoring Plans
- Develop Response Plans
- Document The Project
- Pursue Perfection
Tracy O'Rourke is a Master Black Belt with over 20 years of success helping organizations like the Department of Veterans Affairs, the State of Washington, Cisco, DC Shoes, GE, and Motorola learn and apply Lean and Six Sigma. Tracy is an accomplished facilitator, trainer, and presenter. She has a BA in English Literature from San Francisco State University and an MBA with emphasis in Leadership and Managing Organizational Change from Graziadio School of Business at Pepperdine University.
Elisabeth Swan is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt with over 20 years of experience consulting for organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, Burt's Bees, Microsoft, and Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. Swan is an accomplished consultant, designer, and executive coach with expertise in training, process-based organization design, problem-solving, and change management. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from Barnard College.