In this course, you'll learn the scope of digital marketing and dive deep into Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques. You will also be prepared for the OMCP® certification exam.
What you will learn
- Understand the landscape of digital marketing
- Develop a conversion optimization framework
- Conduct an effective keyword research campaign
- Optimize for local search opportunities
- Write content that attracts attention
How you will benefit
- Prepare yourself for a career as a digital marketing manager, SEO/SEM manager, acquisition marketing manager, or inbound marketing manager
- Learn how to convert clicks into customers and bring these best practices to your current or future place of employment
- Receive an exam voucher to take the Online Marketing Certified Professional (OMCP®) exam
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment.
If you're able to bring an audience to a site, engage them with valuable and relevant content, and convert those prospects into customers, you'll be a huge asset to any company with an online presence. In this course, you'll learn the scope of digital marketing and dive deep into Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
In this course, you will learn how to write appealing content, understand the nuances of helping a site rank, and develop a conversion optimization framework to turn visitors into customers. By the time you complete this course, you'll be fully prepared to begin a career as an SEO focused digital marketer.
This course will also prepare you for the OMCP® certification exam. This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
- Introduction to Online Marketing
- Digital Marketing Foundations
- SEO Foundations
- Social Media Foundations
- Content Marketing Foundations
- Conversion Optimization Foundations
- Web Analytics Foundations
- PPC Foundations
- Mobile Marketing Foundations
- Email Marketing Foundations
- OMCP® SEO Practitioner
- Introduction to SEO
- On-Page Best Practices
- Keyword Research and Competitive Analysis
- Design and Architecture
- Site Optimization and Best Practices
- SEO for Local Search
- SEO Site Audits
- SEO Algorithm Updates
- SEO Tracking
- SEO Career Path
- SEO Tools
- OMCP® Content Marketing Practitioner
- What is Content Marketing?
- Identifying Prospects
- Writing Messages and Creating Content
- Getting Your Message Into the Media
- Becoming an Industry Expert
- Content Strategy and Challenges
- Measuring Results
- Blog Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Channels
- Image Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Article and Press Release Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Event Marketing
- B2B Marketing
- OMCP® Conversion Optimization Practitioner
- Introduction to Conversion Optimization
- Conversion Planning
- Conversion Design Structure
- Creating Conversion Structure
- Building Momentum
- Engaging in Dialog with Your Users
- Analysis and Measurement
- Taking Action with Conversion Strategies
- Product Page Optimization
- PPC Conversion Strategies
- Conversion Math Analytics
Avinash Kaushik is Google's Digital Marketing Evangelist and the co-founder of Market Motive. Through his blog and bestselling books "Web Analytics 2.0 Prime" and "Web Analytics: An Hour A Day," Kaushik is recognized as an authoritative voice on leveraging data. He has brought his insights to Unilever, Dell, Time Warner, Vanguard, Porsche, and IBM. He has delivered keynotes at Search Engine Strategies, Ad-Tech, Monaco Media Forum, iCitizen, JMP Innovators Summit, Web 2.0, and The Art of Marketing. Kaushik has lectured at Stanford University, University of Virginia, University of California Los Angeles, and University of Utah. He received the 2009 Statistical Advocate of the Year award from the American Statistical Association, and the 2011 Most Influential Industry Contributor award from the Web Analytics Association.
Bryan Eisenberg is the co-author of "Waiting For Your Cat to Bark?" "Call to Action," and "Always Be Testing," which have all been on the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists. Eisenberg has been the keynote speaker for Search Engine Strategies, Direct Marketing Association, Webcom, and the Canadian Marketing Association, amongst others. He serves as an advisory board member of Search Engine Strategies, the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, and several venture capital-backed startup companies.
Jennifer Evans Cario is President of SugarSpun Marketing. She is a highly requested speaker and trainer and a regular fixture at the national online marketing conferences. She also serves as Adjunct Professor for the online Social Media Mini MBA program at Rutgers University. She is the author of three books, including "Pinterest Marketing: An Hour a Day."
Brad Geddes is the author of "Advanced Google Adwords" and founder of Certified Knowledge, an online source for PPC training, tools, and advice. Geddes makes it his mission to share his expertise in Paid Search with online marketers, so they can build successful online campaigns. He frequently writes columns for Search Engine Land and co-moderates the AdWords forum on Webmaster World. He has spoken at more than 35 conferences and has led more than 60 AdWords seminars.
Danny Dover is an influential writer passionate about SEO. He is the author of the best-selling book" Search Engine Optimization Secrets" and was the co-founder of Making it Click, a marketing training business. His expertise has been cited in Time Magazine, PC World, Smashing Magazine and Seattle Post-Intelligencer and has been translated into Japanese, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, German and Hungarian. He has spoken at numerous conferences (spanning three continents) and his work has been accessed online in more than 175 different countries. Before starting his own company, Danny was the Senior SEO Manager at AT&T and the Lead SEO at SEOmoz.org (now Moz.com).
Jeff Hasen is the founder and president of mobile consultancy Gotta Mobilize. He was named one of the top Chief Marketing Officers on Twitter and is the author of two books, "The Art of Mobile Persuasion" and "Mobilized Marketing." He co-created the certification program for the Mobile Marketing Association and is one of two individuals certified to train professionals on mobile marketing definitions, techniques, and benefits.
Greg Jarboe is an authority on online marketing, with extensive experience in public relations, corporate communications, and digital marketing. He is the author of "YouTube and Video Marketing: An Hour a Day," and writes for Search Engine Watch and ReelSEO. Prior to co-founding SEO-PR in 2003, Jarboe was the Vice President of Marketing at WebCT, Director of Corporate Communications at Ziff-Davis, and Director of Corporate Communications at Lotus Development Corporation.
Jamie O'Donnell is the co-founder of SEO-PR, a content marketing agency. O'Donnell was the president of IDM Partners, an online direct marketing agency that served IBM Global Services, Sprint, and The Great Plains Software Division of Microsoft. Between 1995 and 1999, he headed the public relations and marketing communications firm JONA Group, which launched more than 40 startups.
Todd Malicoat (aka stuntdubl) has over 10 years of experience in internet marketing and consulting on search marketing management at an executive level. He's consulted and created training documentation for the Public Broadcast System (PBS.org), Meredith Corporation, Thomas Industrial, Rasmussen College, Real Networks, and other large brands. Todd has done traffic acquisition, marketing consulting, affiliate marketing, search engine optimization, pay-per-click management, ad buying, sales, business development, public speaking and project management. He's helped to build a few companies, including CollegeDegree.com. Todd has been named among the top 50 Most Influential Marketers of 2008 and 2009 by Invesp.com, and Top 40 Most Influential in Search Marketing by GSInc.co.uk and has been cited by Inc. Magazine, The Sydney Herald, Website Magazine, The New York Post, Infoworld, and others on search, reputation management, social media, and other web related issues.