This course is designed for those who are new to project management and will provide you with a solid foundation of the most common terms and concepts you'll need and help you prepare for the Certified Associate In Project Management (CAPM®) certification exam. CAPM® and PMI® are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) (digital)
- CAPM Exam Prep
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Project Management career opportunities are increasing even when the job market is challenging. Developing the project management skills employers demand can improve your marketability and may be transferable from one industry to another, giving you a lot of flexibility.
In this course, you'll learn the knowledge and skills essential to project managers and those who work on projects in other support roles. The materials in this course are aligned with the international recognized standards of project management. This course is oriented to concepts and knowledge areas such as time, cost, risk and communications. Each lesson focuses exclusively on a single topic so that you can more easily grasp that topic before moving onto the next.
Once complete, you will meet or exceed the educational prerequisites for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) certification offered through the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
PMP, Project Management Professional, Project Management Professional (PMP), PMBOK, PgMP, PMI-RMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) and the PMI REP Logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.
- Project Management Essentials
- Project Management Foundation
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Determining / Managing Project Costs
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Final Exam
What you will learn
- Understand the essential elements of a project management foundation
- Learn how to execute a project from start to finish
- Be familiar with most common project management concepts and terminology
- Master the creation of project-driven budgets and timelines
- Learn how to predict and prevent risks
- Follow concepts from The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK? Guide)
How you will benefit
Nikki Choyce, PMP, has been involved in the project management field for more than 20 years and has worked as a project management consultant and instructor for much of that time. She has worked in a variety of industries, including Information Technology, Insurance, Manufacturing, Marketing, Aerospace, Construction, Telecommunications, and Healthcare. She has worked with Microsoft Project for over 15 years.
- Gain skills that will help you enter a thriving field with increasing career opportunities
- Develop a fundamental knowledge of project management expectations and realities
- Define interpersonal communication skills as they pertain to communicating with stakeholders
- Meet or exceed the educational prerequisites for the CAPM certification
Erica Kirwan has more than 15 years of experience in process and project management. Previously, Kirwan served as Senior Project Manager for a Fortune 200 financial services company. She earned an Advanced Project Management Certification from Stanford University. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and a Master of Public Administration.