This online Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 Certification Training course will prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam 77-422.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013. (Note that you can download a free trial offer of Microsoft Office that includes PowerPoint 2013.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. Manuals are included as downloadable PDFs throughout the course.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 skills are important and often required in many professions and workplaces. This course prepares you to create professional presentations for any audience, including internal business meetings, sales conferences, or client presentations. This course is Microsoft Approved Courseware and can prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam 77-422. MOS certification is the globally recognized standard for validating expertise with the Microsoft Office 2013 suite.
The material is presented in a step-by-step manner, and you will learn by completing readings and hands-on exercises and watching video presentations. The course also includes quizzes and exams, so your skills will be tested at regular intervals throughout the material. Through these methods, you will learn essential PowerPoint skills, including creating customized presentations with templates, adding special effects, using slides, notes, and handout masters, creating, editing, and importing charts, managing hyperlinks, creating custom shows, and securing and sharing presentations with others.
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Creating a PowerPoint Presentation
- The Ribbon
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- The File Tab
- Formatting Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations
- Working with Images
- Working with Tables and Charts
- Finalizing Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations
- Introduction to PowerPoint 2013 Exam
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Customizing Presentations
- Presentation Masters Working with Special Effects
- Using SmartArt
- Setting up the Slide Show
- Outlines and Slides
- Sharing and Securing a Presentation
- Advanced PowerPoint 2013 Exam
- PowerPoint 2013 (MOS) Final Exam
What you will learn
- Edit a presentation and run a slide show
- Create different types of slides, format slides, and use templates
- Use the Outline tab
- Add Clipart and special effects to a slide
- Use the Slide Sorter to reorganize a presentation
- Apply tables and charts to a presentation
- Print various components of a presentation
- Create customized presentations with templates
- Use the slide, notes, and handout masters
- Create, edit, and import charts
- Create custom shows and manage hyperlinks
- Secure and share presentations
How you will benefit
- Understand the best ways to use PowerPoint in a professional setting
- Work toward receiving your Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam 77-422
- Increase efficiency by mastering formulas that will allow you to better process data
- Be able to create compelling slideshows that can be used in your professional or personal life
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.