This online Microsoft Word 2013 Certification Training course will prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam 77-418.
What you will learn
- Learn how to create, format, and edit Microsoft Word documents with ease
- Understand how to add page numbers, headers and footers, and use advanced editing tools
- Discover how to use Microsoft Word to work with images, including placing and sizing images, wrapping text around images, and using borders and effects
- Learn a variety of customizations and adjustments you can make involving page orientation, layout, columns, and page breaks
- Examine how advanced Word features allow for adding footnotes, bibliographies, indexes and comments
How you will benefit
- Learn essential time saving skills for the office like Mail Merge, label creation, and envelope formatting
- Develop skills with advanced Word features that will impress employers
- Ensure the security of your work by learning how to protect important documents
- Prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam 77-418, a globally recognized standard for validating expertise
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Word 2013 (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. Manuals are included as downloadable PDFs throughout the course
This Microsoft Word 2013 course will teach you the skills you need to work with Word 2013 and prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam 77-418, a globally recognized standard for validating expertise with Office Suite. Regardless of occupation, knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word is a workplace standard. Developing skills and familiarity with Word allows you to work independently and gives you the essential skills for a productive career.
This online training course is presented in a step-by-step manner, enabling you to learn by completing readings, hands-on exercises and watching video presentations. The course also includes quizzes and exams, so your skills are regularly assessed. You will learn essential Word skills, including creating documents, using the ribbon, setting up headers and footers, adding comments, mail merge, protecting documents, and much more.
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013
- Creating a Microsoft Word Document
- The Ribbon
- The File Tab
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Formatting Microsoft Word Documents
- Editing Documents
- Finalizing Microsoft Word Documents
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013 Exam
- Intermediate Microsoft Word 2013
- Advanced Formatting
- Working with Tables
- Working with Images
- Page Layout
- Working with Illustrations
- Viewing Your Document(s)
- Intermediate Microsoft Word 2013 Exam
- Advanced Microsoft Word 2013
- Working with Long Documents
- Reviewing and Collaborating on Documents
- Comparing and Combining Documents
- Managing Mailings
- Protecting Documents
- Random Useful Items
- Advanced Microsoft Word 2013 Exam
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.