This online Food and Customer Service Skills Training course will prepare you for a career in food services, restaurants, and the hospitality industry.
What you will learn
- Learn NEHA professional food management criteria
- Master HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) principles
- Provide an excellent customer experience
- Deal with difficult customers
- Practice proper food safety
- Build communication skills
- Work in teams successfully
- Manage yourself and others
How you will benefit
- Earn a Food and Customer Service Skills Certificate that will also prepare you for the Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) exam
- Learn how to communicate and work efficiently in the fast-paced food industry
- Develop leadership skills that will enable you to manage others in the industry
- Understand the best ways to diffuse tense situations and provide customer satisfaction
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Speakers or headphones.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
This online Food and Customer Service Skills Training course will prepare you for a career in food services, restaurants, and the hospitality industry. The course emphasizes customer service skills that can be applied in a wide variety of settings. This is an excellent option for those already working in a food services environment and wanting to apply for management positions, or for those interested in starting new careers.
When you complete the course, you will be prepared to take the Prometric Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) exam. Get started today, and prepare yourself to enter this exciting career field.
- 18 High School Credits
- Food and Customer Service Skills Training Preparation Courses
- Managing Self and Others
- Sem. 1: Communicating with Power, Budgeting and Saving
- Sem. 2: Managing Change, Motivation, Management Skills, Legal Issues
- Customer Service and Food Safety
- Sem. 1: Customer Service, Workplace and Food Safety
- Sem. 2: NEHA Professional Food Manager
- Life and Career Skills
- Sem. 1: Communication, Self Management, Work & Life Balance, Building Relationships
- Sem. 2: Workplace Environment, Team Work, Workplace Innovation
- Personal Management Skills
- Sem. 1: Stress Management, Dealing with Difficult People, Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Sem. 2: Time Management Fundamentals and Techniques
Darlene Lawrence is an academic coach and childcare and education instructor with five years of experience. She holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and a master's degree in teaching.