Train to become a travel industry professional in this flexible online course.
What you will learn
- Everything you need to know about the travel industry, including airline and ground transportation, hotels and resorts, cruises, tours, specialty travel, and more.
- All about the international and domestic travel destinations that you are most likely to recommend and sell to your clients.
- How to market yourself as a Travel Professional
- Customer service skills needed as a Travel Professional
How you will benefit
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to sit for the Travel Agent Proficiency (TAP) test, offered by the Travel Institute (formerly ICTA)
- Through our partnership with Travel Placement Services (TPS), students who successfully complete the course are eligible to be connected with a TPS representative.
- You will have the knowledge you need to get started in your travel career.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Travel Career Development and accompanying workbook
- Exploring the World, Geography for the Travel Professional and accompanying workbook
Together, travel and tourism make up one of the world's largest industries. While some travelers manage to book their own trips, travel agents still play a major role in luxury, corporate, and group travel. With the industry positioned to grow, there's never been a better time to train to become a travel agent. This online course will prepare you to work in the fast-paced travel industry. You will gain a deep understanding of both travel and tourism, so you can help clients research, plan, and book their trips.
- Introduction to the Travel Industry
- Professional Skills
- Basic/International Geography
- Destination Geography
- Introduction to International Travel
- Introduction to Air Travel
- Career Development
- Sales and Marketing for Travel
Helene K. Liatsos is business advisor and QuickBooks Certified Advisor with more than 25 years of experience. She consults for a range of companies, from travel agencies to startups. Her company Home Office Management Experts was awarded the 2004 Home-Based Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Helene holds a Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University.