Master the math questions on the ACT and new SAT.
Making the decision to attend college is one of the most important decisions you will ever make, and your performance on college entrance exams is instrumental in determining your college choice. Universities and colleges throughout the U.S. require applicants to take the SAT or ACT as part of their evaluation package. This course will prepare you for both tests.
SAT/ACT Preparation Part 2 will give you all the information you need to do well on the math questions of the ACT and the new SAT. The ACT math tests your knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and basic statistics. This course provides you with a complete math review of all these subjects. You'll also learn how to use your time wisely so that you finish as many math questions as possible in the 60 minutes the ACT gives you for the math test. In addition to reviewing arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and basic statistics, you'll also cover functions and other algebra II subjects now tested on the SAT.
In addition to preparing you for specific question types on both exams, this course will give you pointers in time management, anxiety relief, scoring, and general standardized test-taking. This course, along with Part 1, will prepare you to excel in all sections of the undergraduate college entrance exams and provide you with the means to achieve your best potential score.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are not included in enrollment. Please purchase the latest version of your materials prior to the start of your session:
- The Official SAT Study Guide (Official Study Guide for the New SAT)
- The Official ACT Prep Guide: Official Practice Tests + 400 Bonus Questions Online
1 Get to Know the Nitty-Gritty
2 Get Back to Math Basics
3 Master Algebra and Algebra II
4 Shape Up Your Geometry
5 Try Out Some Trig
6 Raise Your Understanding of Statistics
7 Master the ACT Math
8 Practice ACT Geometry and Trig
9 Get to Know the SAT Math
10 Sharpen Your SAT Math Skills
11 Succeed on the SAT SPR Questions
12 Wrap Up the Course