Learn how to use humor to speak more effectively, write better, and increase your popularity.
The ability to create humor is a skill many people don't have, yet wish they did. If you're interested in learning how to come up with jokes or witticisms on the fly, punch up dull material for an audience, or make a living as a comedy writer, this course will get you going.
Once you've learned some of the methods of creating humor, you'll be ready to apply it to all aspects of your life. Punch up speeches and presentations so that the audience is instantly on your side. Mix laughter with learning in the classroom, and watch your students' attention spans grow. Add some humor to your web page and watch the hits explode as word gets out. Use your newfound sense of humor to entertain your friends, meet interesting people, and even make new friends! Learning should be fun, and this course is no exception. Filled with opportunities to laugh as you learn, "Get Funny" promises to be an entertaining and informative experience.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.1 The History of Comedy
3 The Unexpected & Joke Construction
4 Absurdity & Exaggeration
5 Low Humor, Mean Humor, Sexual Innuendo and Bathroom Humor
6 Pop Culture
7 Visual Humor
8 Satire, Parody and Sarcasm
10 Using Humor in Your Life
11 Comedy Writing
12 Marketing Your Brilliance