This course covers the fundamentals of cryptography and provides a hands-on experience using live virtual machine labs, lab simulations, and case projects.
The importance of protecting information and data makes it into headlines every day. Cryptography is the practice of techniques used to protect the secure transmission of information. This course is an excellent starting point to understand what cryptography is, learn how cryptography used, and understand hash, symmetric, and asymmetric cryptographic algorithms.
This course not only covers the fundamentals of cryptography, but also provides a hands-on experience through the use of live virtual machine labs, lab simulations, and case projects. Hands-on projects will have you use stenography to send a hidden message, use a has generator, and even have you use Microsoft's Encrypting File System.
A basic knowledge of cryptography is needed for many careers such as cyber security, software development, computer networks, and database administration.
Don’t just learn about cryptography, roll your sleeves up, and get to actually so cryptography with the labs, simulations, and projects in this course.• Internet access
• One of the following browsers:
o Mozilla Firefox
o Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)
o Google Chrome
• Adobe PDF plug-in (a free download obtained at Adobe.com.)Learn the inner workings of security encryption and cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications through hands-on experience via live virtual machine labs, lab simulations, and case projects.
- Defining Cryptography
- What is Cryptography
- Cryptography and Security
- Cryptographic Algorithms
- Hash Algorithms
- Symmetric Cryptographic Algorithms
- Asymmetric Cryptographic Algorithms
- Using Cryptography
- Encryption through Software
- Hardware Encryption
- Hands-On Projects
- Case Projects
- Lab Simulations
- Live Virtual Machine Lab
- Final Exam