Prepare for a career as an EKG technician. This 100% online course will train you to work as an EKG tech and prepare you for nationally recognized EKG Technician certification exams.
- This course can be taken on a PC, Chromebook, or Mac.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: Works Only on Puffin Browser.
- Browser: Google Chrome and Firefox (PCs only); Edge and Internet Explorer are not supported.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Electrocardiography (EKG) technicians are vital members of any healthcare team. If you want to join the booming healthcare industry as an EKG tech, this in-depth course will train you to apply, monitor, and measure electrocardiography tests in a flexible, online learning environment. You will also learn key subjects needed to earn a nationally recognized EKG technician certification, such as measuring basic vital signs, performing rapid response procedures, operating an EKG machine, and identifying rhythms. By course completion, you will be prepared to take and pass the Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) certification exam, offered by American Education Certification Association and the Certified EKG Technician (CET), provided by the National Healthcareer Association.
This course offers enrollment with a voucher for either the Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) certification exam or the Certified EKG Technician (CET) certification exam. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility. However, please research your state's requirements before enrollment to ensure this course is the right fit for you.
Disclaimer: The externship process will not begin until the course is fully complete. An externship with any organization is not guaranteed. All students must apply to the program and complete the prerequisite criteria before being accepted. Positions in the externship program are contingent on availability at each location. Students may also set up their own externship at any other retail or hospital facility. Additional hours will be required.
- Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology
- Infection Control
- Communication and Legal Issues in Healthcare
- History of EKG
- EKG Introduction
- EKG Interpretation
- EKG Application Theory
- EKG Application Procedure
What you will learn
- Concepts of cardiac anatomy and physiology, infection control and standard precautions, communication and legal issues in healthcare, history of electrocardiography
- Electrocardiography, electrocardiography interpretation of various types of EKGs
- Application theory of EKGs, application procedure of EKGs
How you will benefit
- You will learn the theoretical knowledge of an EKG Technician
- You will be prepared to sit for the provisional Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) exam, offered by American Education Certification Association or utilize the included Externship Starter Kit to qualify for a full Certified EKG Technician (CET) certification offered by the National Healthcareer Association
- You may work with physicians/doctors, nurses, and other healthcare related professionals
- Assistance from our Externship Coordinator and access to our Externship Starter Kit
- The exam voucher option for either the Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) exam or the Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam.
Jacqueline Garcia holds an Instructor Certification to teach EKG Technician Program. Ms. Garcia has served as a subject matter expert for the EKG textbook. She has also developed curriculums for EKG technician program for career schools and is actively involved in teaching EKG at several career schools. She is an active member of AECA as an EKG Technician.