Payroll is one of the fastest changing career fields in the business world today. This course will prepare you for a career as a payroll manager and equip you with MBA-level business management skills. By course completion, you will understand key areas of payroll and be prepared to sit for the American Payroll Association's Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exam.
What students will learn:
• Develop basic practical and managerial skills
• Learn about how taxes affect a business, whether it's a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation
• Understand the process of negotiating, evaluate negotiation styles, and consider successful negotiation strategies for most environments.
• Know the seven management disciplines essential to business success
• Identify various laws and regulations that affect employers in their payroll operations
• Explain the use of the forms required to withhold, deposit, and report federal income taxes
• Understand the payroll process and supporting systems and administration
• Correctly apply payroll policies and procedures of a payroll department
• Be able to process a payroll from start to finish (payroll project)
How students will benefit:
• Be prepared to pass the FPC exam, and become certified in the fundamentals of payroll.
• Having a certification in payroll is a desirable attribute that many employers seek in payroll candidates.
• With certification comes additional knowledge and skill that is not often taught in the workplace.
• Be able to search and apply for payroll jobs, with the additional resume skills learned in the course.
• Develop communication skills that will allow you to thrive in a professional environment
• Set yourself apart from competitors by receiving management training