This online programming course will teach you how to program in Java and Python. You will learn to create Python class files, apply Object-Oriented concepts such as inheritance, and create Java programs that work with these classes.
What you will learn
- Java syntax elements, concentrating on fundamental and universally useful elements
- How Python works and what it's good for
- Python's place in the world of programming languages
How you will benefit
- Prepare for an entry-level job as a Python and/or Java programmer
- Enhance your programming ability and add a new skill to your resume
- Become more confident in your ability to use the Python and Java programming languages
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Dual monitors are helpful but not required.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Whether you're new to programming or just want to learn new languages, this in-depth course will teach you the ins and outs of Python and Java programming. You will start coding quickly while learning from readings, presentations, exercises, and a final project. By course completion, you will have the skills you need to enter the job market as an entry-level Java or Python programmer.
- Java Programmer
- Java Introduction
- Java Basics
- Java Objects
- Comparisons And Flow Control Structures
- Generics and Collections
- Inner Classes
- Introduction to Python
- Python Basics
- Functions and Modules
- Python Strings
- Iterables: Sequences, Dictionaries, and Sets
- Virtual Environments, Packages, and pip
- Flow Control
- Exception Handling
- Python Dates and Times
- File Processing
- PEP8 and Pylint
- Advanced Python
- Advanced Python Concepts
- Regular Expressions
- Working with Data
- Testing and Debugging
- Classes and Objects
- Python Data Analysis with NumPy and pandas
Nat Dunn founded Webucator in 2003 to combine his passion for technical training with his business expertise and to help companies benefit from both. His previous experience was in sales, business and technical training, and management. Nat has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA in International Relations from Pomona College.