Get the training and support network you need to jumpstart your career in event planning. In this online certification course, you will work with real clients to gain knowledge, build your portfolio, and become a Certified Master Wedding and Event Planner.
What you will learn
- Certified Wedding and Event Planning – design and produce weddings, bridal showers, and more
- Corporate Event Planning – venue research, scope of work, project planning, timelines, budgets, and security
- Event Law – business formation, branding, licenses, intellectual property, labor and employment, and contracts
- History of Bridal Fashion – exploration of wedding dress styles, fabrics, and fashion
- Party Planning 101 – table setting and etiquette, menu selections, food and wine pairing
- Signature Wedding and Event Design – art of design and décor, charging for your services, presenting concepts to clients, and presentation skills
How you will benefit
- Earn Master Planner Certification and professional designation as a Certified Master Planner
- Earn recommendation letters and qualify for a hands-on training internship
- Understand how to design and plan all aspects of an event, from setting budgets to reviewing performance
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
From weddings to conventions, events need a master planner to ensure all aspects run smoothly. If you're serious about an event planning career, this online certification course will set you up for success. You will be mentored by industry leaders and gain the skills needed to translate a client's vision into a reality.
With successful course completion, you will qualify for an internship at a Kevin Lee Weddings event, mentored by celebrity wedding and event designer Kevin Lee. You will also have the option to attend two-day workshop and learn directly from Kevin Lee and his vendors.
- Certified Wedding Planner
- Preston Bailey Signature Wedding and Event Design
- Corporate Event Planning
- Party Planning 101
- History of Bridal Fashion
- Event Law
Cho Phillips is the founder of Lovegevity, Inc. and author of the "Professional Wedding and Event Planning: How to Start a Wedding Planning Business" textbook and resource manual. As founder of The Wedding Planning Institute, Phillips provides an opportunity for subject matter experts to contribute to the standardization and education for wedding professionals. She has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, and has been a guest on NBC, UPN, WB and other nationally-broadcast television and radio stations.
Cho Phillips es el fundador de Lovegevity, Inc. y autor del libro y manual de recursos "Planificación Profesional de Bodas y Eventos: Como Comenzar un Negocio de Planificación de Boda". Como fundador del Instituto de Planificación de Bodas, Phillips proporciona una oportunidad para que los expertos en la materia contribuyan a la estandarización y educación para los profesionales de bodas. Ella ha aparecido en El New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, y ha sido invitada a NBC, UPN, WB y en otros canales de televisión y estaciones de radio de defunción nacional.
Kevin Lee is a distinguished event and wedding planner, known for his innovative designs and cutting-edge events. His experience has spanned from shows like the Oscar, Grammy and Emmy awards to weddings, private events, and Hollywood premiers. His world-class client list has included both celebrities and politicians such as Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Brad Pitt, and Oprah Winfrey.