If you need to learn how to analyze data and create reports, this course is for you. You will learn how to use Crystal Reports, one of the most widely-used business intelligence tools, to design and generate complex reports.
What you will learn
- To work with reports and custom SQL statements
- To connect to a data source
- To select subsets of data and perform analysis
- To format reports and share with others
How you will benefit
- You will gain the skills to successfully and confidently work with Crystal Reports software.
- You will work with SQL and Crystal Reports to learn the basics through advanced concepts of Crystal Reports.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Crystal Reports (not included in enrollment). Click here to download and install the free 30 day trial.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software is not included in the cost of enrollment. All software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. Manuals are included as downloadable PDFs throughout the course.
If you work with large amounts of data and need to create engaging reports with that data, then you need to learn Crystal Reports. As data analysis becomes increasingly important in business, knowing how to use Crystal Reports, SAP's widely-used business intelligence application, is critical. This course will teach you to use Crystal Reports and create custom SQL statements to analyze data and create reports that convey clear messages.
You will learn to format reports, to filter and group data, to use formulas, to create summary reports and charts and to export reports. You will then learn how to use sections to improve formatting, how to create sub reports, how to work with custom groups, and how to create report alerts. Finally, you will learn more advanced features of Crystal Reports and will receive a thorough introduction to SQL, including how to work with databases, how to perform simple and advanced SELECTs, and more.
By the end of the course, you will know how to connect to a data source and how to select subsets of the data to import into Crystal Reports to analyze. You will be able to create useful reports, manipulate their look and feel, and export them in a variety of shareable formats.
- Introduction to Crystal Reports
- Getting Acquainted with Crystal Reports
- Formatting Reports
- Working with Objects
- Filtering Reports
- Sorting and Grouping Reports
- Using Basic Formulas
- Advanced Formatting
- Exporting and Distribution
- Intermediate Crystal Reports
- Crystal Reports Review
- Using Parameters
- Using Subreports
- Cross-Tabulation Reports
- Advanced Techniques
- Report Alerts
- Introduction to SQL
- Relational Database Basics
- Simple SELECTs
- Advanced SELECTs
- Subqueries, Joins, and Unions
- Advanced Crystal Reports
- Crystal Reports Review
- Working with SQL
- Advanced Functions
- Geographic Mapping
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.