Executive housekeepers work at the highest level of the housekeeping function, overseeing all aspects of cleaning, interior maintenance, and laundry services, as well as mentoring new team members. By training as an executive housekeeper, you'll be able to keep your employer's property running at an optimal level.
What you will learn
- The role of an Executive Housekeeper
- Communication & Administrative Skills
- Detailed level of housekeeping training
- Advanced laundry skills and techniques
- Advanced organizational skills
- Advanced skills for entertaining guests
- Household maintenance schedules
- Staff management
How you will benefit
- Obtain a certificate of training
- Improve necessary skills to work at the highest level of housekeeping necessary to be considered a head or executive housekeeper
- Opportunity to increase wages associated with this higher skillset
- Better prepared for a career in private service and gain higher confidence levels when interviewing for positions in this field by illustrating a broader skillset
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online:
- "The Professional Housekeeper" by Marta Perrone
This course will prepare you for a career as a head/executive housekeeper or provide household managers with a deeper understanding of the housekeeping department. You will be taught how to work at the highest level of housekeeping and challenged to refine your skills in housekeeping, product use, organization, laundry, entertaining and handling events at a home.
You will learn the management skills necessary to serve as a supervisor of other staff members and learn how to properly train and organize a team of housekeepers.
- Nature of Becoming an Executive Housekeeper
- Housekeeping Maintenance
- Professional Cleaning-Rooms
- Professional Cleaning-Objects, Areas, & Surfaces
- Laundry & Linens
- Dry Cleaning
- Closet Management
- Cleaning Products & Tools
- Essentials for Cleaning
- Creating Housekeeping Schedules
- Table Setting & Service
- Event Planning & Support
- Staff Management
- Executive Housekeeper Staff Managing Skills
Marta Perrone is a graduate of UCLA with a B.A. in Spanish and Linguistics and has over 30 years of experience in the Private Service Industry. She owned and managed a domestic placement agency for 20 of those years while spending the last 10 conducting training seminars, creating training materials and providing personalized in-home manuals and training.
Marta Perrone es una graduada de UCLA con un Bachillerato en Artes en Español y Lingüística y tiene más de 30 años de experiencia en la Industria de Servicios Privados. Ella fue propietaria y administradora de una agencia de colocación doméstica durante 20 de esos años mientras pasaba los últimos 10 conduciendo seminarios de capacitación, creando materiales de capacitación y proporcionando manuales y capacitación personalizados en el hogar.