The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam is designed to help you learn more about the world of information technology (IT) and is ideal if you're considering a career in IT or if you work in an allied field that requires a broad understanding of IT.
What you will learn
- Identify and understand the purpose of computer components
- Compare and contrast different connector types
- Compare and contrast Operating Systems and their functions and features
- Define and identify basic security threats
- Understand how to implement the best IT and security practices
- Perform proper steps to set up a basic workstation
- Describe the importance and impact of various environmental and safety concepts
How you will benefit
- Understand network essentials
- Communicate effectively when discussing IT basics
- Learn software and hardware management practices
- Gain essential IT knowledge for a career in the IT and related field(s)
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Study Guide: FC0-U61
Prove that you know today's technologies with CompTIA IT Fundamentals. From networking and cybersecurity essentials to hardware and software basics, IT Fundamentals demonstrates your readiness for the digital workplace.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam is designed to help you learn more about the world of information technology (IT). It's ideal if you're considering a career in IT or if you work in an allied field that requires a broad understanding of IT. CompTIA IT Fundamentals can also be a stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and, with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+.
- IT Foundations
- IT Framework
- IT Programs
- IT Programming
- IT Databases
- IT Security
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.