CompTIA Project+ is designed for business professionals who coordinate or manage small-to-medium-size projects, inside and outside of IT.
What you will learn
- Improve your business and communication skills to help you convey project goals and objectives, in a clear and compelling manner
- Learn project leadership skills to influence decision and impact choices, on immediate and long-term directions
- Gain project management skills to effectively prioritize work, anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, opportunities for change, and set and meet realistic deadlines.
- Time management skills
- Earn a CompTIA Project+ certification you can list on your resume, after passing CompTIA Project+ exam
- The Project+ certification does not need to be renewed
How you will benefit
- Utilize the skills required to plan and manage a small-to-medium-size project through to successful completion
- Gain knowledge to manage the project life cycle, manage resources and stakeholders, and appropriate communication
- Create, write, and maintain project documentation to support the completion of larger projects
- Identify the basic aspects of the Agile methodology
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Project management skills are needed in almost every field and can separate you from the rest of the workforce. Even the smallest projects can benefit from project management processes. Well-run projects save time and ensure continued focus on company goals. In this course, you will be taught project management techniques and prepare you to take the CompTIA Project+ certification exam. This certification validates project management skills to employers, both inside and outside the IT profession. The CompTIA Project+ certification also validates the communication and business skills you need to lead projects with confidence, complete projects on time and make sure you stay within budget. This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
- Project Team Basics
- Creating the Project and Work
- Scheduling and Resources
- Budgets, Risks, and Communication
- Change Requests, Project Tools, and Completing the Project
- Final Exam and Completion Steps
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.