Become a Corporate Event Planner! The CEP course provides a detailed guideline that prepares individuals to become successful corporate event planners.
What you will learn
- Interview new clients and event stakeholders to create a scope of work, including venue selection, floor plans, seating accommodations, timelines, and checklist required to insure a successful event outcome
- Create backup plans and apply security measures
- Apply event planning formulas to the rollout, setup and execution of any corporate event by implementing critical path methodologies, timelines, and project management best practices
- Set budgets and service charges
- Research the market to present a proposal of options to meet the event budget restrictions set by a client/event
- Price services and incorporate additional fees for sourcing rentals
- Document events and perform a "postmortem" process to encourage "lessons learned" in every event at every location
How you will benefit
- Become a Certified Corporate Event Planner
- Gain the skills to plan and design successful corporate events
- Learn to execute any corporate event by implementing critical path methodologies, timelines, and project management best practices
- Learn how to set budgets and charge for services to more effectively run your own business
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Tablet owners need to download Puffin Web Browser App
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Windows Media Player.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- S.M.A.R.T. Corporate Event Planning
Do you have a knack for putting together great parties and events? Are you someone with great attention to detail? If so, a career as a Corporate Event Planner could be perfect for you. Learn everything you need to know in this Corporate Event Planner course including how to plan, design, and execute a successful corporate event, and how to charge for corporate event planning services.
Corporate events span all industries and are planned for a variety of occasions and celebrations. Corporations and their employees celebrate many milestones and accomplishments within the lifespan of the growth and evolution of its people, products, and successes so there are unlimited opportunities in this field. From special events and meetings to assemblies, recognition events and corporate training—you'll be prepared to handle them all! Upon successfully completing the course, you will be awarded a Certified Corporate Event Planner certification from the Wedding Planning Institute.
- Introduction & Course Standards
- Corporate Event Planner Services
- The SMART types of corporate events
- Successful Corporate Event Planning
- Project Management
- Planning the Event
- Planning the Event and Setting the Budget
- Planning the Corporate Event
- Event Marketing
- Staffing and vendor sourcing.
- Managing the Event
- Management Fundamentals
- Scheduling Techniques Used to Enhance Event Planning
- Event Delivery Details
- Quality Control
- How to Set Quality Control Expectations.
- Risk Management
- Safety and Emergency Management
- Local Laws and Regulations
- Departure & Exit
- Create a departure / exit strategy
- How to Monitor the event outcome
- How to manage the unexpected
Cho Phillips is the founder of Lovegevity, Inc. and author of the "Professional Wedding and Event Planning: How to Start a Wedding Planning Business" textbook and resource manual. As founder of The Wedding Planning Institute, Phillips provides an opportunity for subject matter experts to contribute to the standardization and education for wedding professionals. She has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, and has been a guest on NBC, UPN, WB and other nationally-broadcast television and radio stations.
Cho Phillips es el fundador de Lovegevity, Inc. y autor del libro y manual de recursos "Planificación Profesional de Bodas y Eventos: Como Comenzar un Negocio de Planificación de Boda". Como fundador del Instituto de Planificación de Bodas, Phillips proporciona una oportunidad para que los expertos en la materia contribuyan a la estandarización y educación para los profesionales de bodas. Ella ha aparecido en El New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, y ha sido invitada a NBC, UPN, WB y en otros canales de televisión y estaciones de radio de defunción nacional.