This Linux training course covers operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux operating systems in a systems administrator role.
What you will learn
- Analyze Linux hardware and system configurations related to installation, networking, and storage
- Manage Linux system operations and determine validated maintenance protocols
- Evaluate security best practices for users, files, and networks
- Formulate best responses to Linux troubleshooting issues
- Utilize basic scripts to automate processes in Linux
How you will benefit
- Receive a prepaid voucher to take the CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) exam
- Become proficient in the Linux operating system to assist in IT-related job roles
- Be prepared to take the CompTIA Linux+ certification test to prove your knowledge
- Obtain opportunities for entry or junior-level positions in IT-related positions
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Linux+ and LPIC-1 Guide to Linux Certification
This Linux training course will prepare you for the CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) exam. You will be ready to work on installation processes, network configurations, security and troubleshooting, and automating processes with scripting. For system administrators, Linux+ certification is a benchmark for working in different IT functions, including cloud computing, server administration, Internet-of-things, mobile, and supercomputing.
- Linux Filesystems
- Servers, Shell, and Boot Process
- Processes and Tasks
- Network Configurations
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.