This course will prepare you to pass the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) exam and earn your NASM Certified Personal Trainer certification, which is one of the most respected certifications in the fitness industry.
What you will learn
- Mastery of health and fitness topics, including nutrition, program design, human movement science, and fitness assessments, among others
- Teaching, customer service, and first aid skills
- Organizational and communication skills
How you will benefit
- Prepares you for a career as a Fitness/wellness manager
- Prepares you for a career as a Certified Personal Trainer
- Prepares you for a career as an Exercise physiologist/specialist
- Prepares you for a career as an Athletic trainer
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- NASM Essentials of Personal Fitness Training
- You'll also receive access to practice exams and study materials, to help you prepare for your certification exam. A robust set of resources will be also be available to you such as videos, presentations, readings, quizzes, and activities.
If you want an exciting career helping others achieve their fitness goals, start with this NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Exam Preparation course. It's a unique online course that prepares you for the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) exam. The NCCA-accredited NASM personal trainer certification is one of the most respected in the health and fitness industry. Start with this prep course to become a certified personal trainer (CPT) and reach your career goals.
This course gives you the most extensive resources available to successfully pass the widely respected NASM CPT exam. Through the use of online videos, presentations, quizzes, readings, and interactive activities, you will receive thorough guidance and gain understanding of CPT content, as well as the knowledge needed to successfully sit for the exam.
If you're thinking about studying for your personal trainer certification online, this course is an excellent way to do so. It includes exam preparation and all study materials, as well as the certification exam fee, and you will gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities you need to become a successful NASM personal trainer.
- Introduction and Resistance Training Concepts
- Physical activity guidelines as they relate to the Optimum Performance Training (OPT) Model
- Models of resistance training
- Effective exercise techniques
- Human Movement Assessments/Fitness Testing and Evaluation
- Major muscles and their functions
- Subjective, objective, and performance assessments
- Movement and postural assessments
- Concepts of Integrated Training - Flexibility, Cardiorespiratory, and Core
- Principles of human movement and flexibility
- Benefits of cardiorespiratory fitness
- Importance of the core
- Proper exercise technique
- Progressions and regressions
- General differences in the stages of training for exercises
- Concepts of Integrated Training - Balance, Plyometric, and SAQ
- Plyometric (reactive)
- Speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ) training
- Safe and effective techniques
- Progressions and regressions
- Differences in training for these concepts in each phase of the OPT model
- Design of Fitness Programs and Modalities
- Program design using the OPT model
- Acute training variables
- Different exercise modalities
- Various models of resistance training
- Human Movement Science/Exercise Modalities and Technique
- Structure and function of the human body
- Functions of anatomy and physiology during exercise
- Systems related to exercise
- Metabolism and how it is affected by exercise
- Special Populations, Nutrition, and Professional Development
- Program design adaptations for individuals with health impairments or physical conditions
- Basic concepts to nutrition, supplementation, communication skills and goal setting strategies
- Certification Exam Preparation
- Test taking strategies
- Practice exam
- Make a self-remediation plan based on your results
- Review NASM's standards of professional practice as a professional fitness trainer.
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.